ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for nat (EEA nat) - driving without insurance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

svtj
Newly Registered

Application for nat (EEA nat) - driving without insurance

Post by svtj » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:27 pm

I have an enquiry with regards to driving without insurance offence which was taken into the magistrates court. I went to court as I was mistakenly accused of driving without insurance consiously.

I went to court in 2008 and the court agreed that it is a mistake by the insurance company and I was therefore not given any points and where given expenses back as well.

My question is:
- Will the 5 year gap between the incident and applying for naturalisation still be applicable if there were no points or convictions following the court hearing.
-Should this incident be stipulated in the form AN although it was a mistake by the insurance company.

I am an EEA national and came to the UK in 2007. I plan to submit the form AN in Sept/Oct this year.

I look forward to support and guidance on this.

Thanks a lot and really appreciate the help and knowlege that can be gained from immigrationboard website.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:40 pm

This is a naturalisation question and so is moved to the appropriate section.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:47 pm

If you were not convicted (acquitted) then there is nothing to worry about or declare. If you were convicted, you'd need to declare it, however, there would be nothing to worry about as 3 years has lapsed.

See also, the Good Character FAQ (click)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.