ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does all schengen visas look the same?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mads

Does all schengen visas look the same?

Post by mads » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:19 pm

Could anyone tell me whether the schengen visas look the same that you get from different countries?
I am married to a eu national, going to Italy but used the french embassy for my application as their turnaround time is faster..I am also not going with him to Italy, going with some girls from work. Originally we planned to go to France 1st but my baby is sick so have to cancel. Anyone foresee any probs? My visa is multiple entry for 2months.
thanks in advance
mads :lol:

alisameer
Newly Registered

fhi

Post by alisameer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:58 pm

hi
I think and sure u only enter france if u have french visa then u can go italy from there.no do not look same as french visa printed in french and italina print in italina language.so u must go france first.

Newly Registered

Post by 333 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:13 pm

to be on the safe side i would do a quick eurostar trip to paris for a few hours, they have a special on £69 i think.
You will end up losing a lot more if they turn you away from italy due to it been a french issued visa but your first entrance is italy.
As i am aware the schegan is applied for with the 1st county you enter in

Russia

Post by Russia » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:14 pm

there are no border controls in Europe - France to Italy? The only way you will know you're in a different country is the road and town signs!

yes apply at country of first entry OR country of main destination - despite the issuing office language NOBODY is going to question the reason why you have entered a different schengen country - however, the next time you renew your visa and the embassy sees a different nations border stamp (assuming you traveled from the UK) the answer is simple enough - 'this is where I crossed the border, but Italy/Germany etc,,, was my main destination.

Really, do not wind yourselves up or get too paranoid about the immigration formalities in Europe - they are NO WHERE NEAR as perverse or unfair as the British system. Go and enjoy yourselves and travel Europe