ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship for child born abroad to british father

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mehroozeb
Newly Registered

citizenship for child born abroad to british father

Post by mehroozeb » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:03 pm

hello,
I have a question regarding citizenship. it is regarding a child. Her (the child's) father is naturalised british citizen other than by descend. the child was born abroad and still living abroad. she is 1 and a half year old. now to register this child as a british citizen which form should be used. I have read through the guide of MN1 form it provides a categaory for a child born abroad to british citizen parent by descen but it does not give any option for a child born abroad to btitish citizen other than by descend. kindly reply if you have any knowledge.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Was the child born before or after the father was naturalised?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mehroozeb
Newly Registered

Post by mehroozeb » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:23 pm

the child was born after father was naturalized

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Then the child does not need to register as British as the child is British by descent and should apply for a certificate of entitlement or British Passport.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

heavyduty1410
Newly Registered

Post by heavyduty1410 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:17 pm

D4109125 wrote:Then the child does not need to register as British as the child is British by descent and should apply for a certificate of entitlement or British Passport.
Just came across this topic and have a similar question, except the child in this case was born before the father was naturalised, how would one proceed in this case?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 pm

The child would need to return to the UK, then look at registration as British by discretion under section 3(1) BNA.