ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant entry delayed, would this be problem!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

T2dep

Dependant entry delayed, would this be problem!

Post by T2dep » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:42 am

Hi

My wife got visa last week as Tier 2 dependant but she is wiling to stay another five months due to her education in Pakistan.

Would this be problem in future for any extensions, ILR etc.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Cheers

T2dep

Entry delayed

Post by T2dep » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:25 am

The last paragraph on the page in link below says that dependant will need to apply for further probationary if entry was delayed.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

But somewhere I read that dependant can be outside UK for a reason(illness) as opposed to main applicant. Can someone please advise, if the first entry delay rule has its importance in my case (I am on tier 2 and not settled yet) but hope to be settled already when my wife will apply for settlement after 5 years.

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:25 am

I have a couple of friends who have had this issue and thier dependents arrived more than 11 months later after getting the visa..
I am guessing its not going to be problem as she can always mention of some medical treatment or close relative who required care due to critical illness.