ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help required!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kunleswags
Newly Registered

urgent help required!!!

Post by kunleswags » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Im a non eea married to an eea national living in d UK and we have got a UK born 10 months old child.my eea wife started a part time job towards the end of july.she is actually on zero contract in which basically she is offered work only wen they need her.The problem is atimes in a week she can work 4 times of 10 hours each,then the next week she can work only once for 15 hours and the following wirk work 2 times for 10 hours each and d folling week might not be offered work and the week after maybe offered work twice for 12 hours each.she is paid 6.19 per hour and she receives payslip every 2 weeks.my question is whether this kind of job is sufficient to apply for a residence card?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Well she should be fine, provided of course the work is genuine and effective, which seems to be the case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kunleswags
Newly Registered

Post by kunleswags » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Thanx obie for your reply...she is actually a staff of d company and they gave her an ID card dat will expire next year.my fear is just the irregular nature of the job although she works long hours minimum of 8 hours wen she is called for work.looking at d defintion of worker in some of the EU case laws,i kept on seeing the words,effective and genuine and marginal,irregular and ancillary being used.that is wot scares me....can it be said that are job is not irregular,marginal or ancillary considering the nature of the job?

kunleswags
Newly Registered

Post by kunleswags » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 am

pls help with my questions pls obie,eusmile etc.thanx

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Please calm down and as other member said you are ok with that work whatever you have stated above . in the far most case all they will do as to call the employer of your spouse and confirm with them if she is working with them or not, in ur case no of hours is not an issue , u r fine

kunleswags
Newly Registered

Post by kunleswags » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:32 am

hello guys,than for your help as always....im about to apply for the residence card and i noticed that my wife's company made a mistake on her NI number on her payslip.the beginning of the NI number starts with SL but the company mistakenly wrote SC instead.she has complained to the company several times and filled change of details form and still it hasnt been corrected.is it possible to still apply for the residence card that way or home office can refuse based on that?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:24 pm

kunleswags wrote:hello guys,than for your help as always....im about to apply for the residence card and i noticed that my wife's company made a mistake on her NI number on her payslip.the beginning of the NI number starts with SL but the company mistakenly wrote SC instead.she has complained to the company several times and filled change of details form and still it hasnt been corrected.is it possible to still apply for the residence card that way or home office can refuse based on that?

HOME OFFICE have direct access to HMRC database. They may look at her insurance number

you should correct it first. may be a letter from the company with correct NI number and new payslip with that number