ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Contractor, Duplicate degrees

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jagberg
Newly Registered

IT Contractor, Duplicate degrees

Post by jagberg » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:48 pm

I just got my approval letter :). I wanted to share with those in a similar situation to mine. I am an IT contractor under Giant Powerhouse a MSC (Managed Service Company). I get min salary + a dividend. Im not a director but I have 1 share in the company (just the way its structured). I included a cover letter at the beginning that showed what was included, what I couldnt give (original degree) and supplementary documents.

Degree - I got an affidavit signed by commissioner of oaths and a notarised statement saying that my degree certificates were lost. I also got them to write on the Uni letterhead that they can only issue duplicate certificates if the originals were lost/stolen. I got a duplicate degree certificate from my University as well as an academic record (results), letter stating I completed my degree in year xxxx and that it was taught in english. I also had copies of my original degree. Thats what I gave to get points for my degree. I didnt get a letter from NARIC. I did phone them and put on my cover letter that my degrees were verified by them. My degrees were from RAU (Rand Afrikaans University). They changed the name of the Uni to University Of Johannesburg. I got a letter from them on their letterhead stating that.

Earnings -
For earnings I included a spreadsheet that showed how much was paid as Gross Salary, Expenses and Divided. It also showed what the invoice number was. It was further broken down into sections that showed how much was owed weekly. I only claimed for Gross Salary + Dividend. Less than what was put in my bank account. When I got my stuff back I saw a post it on the front that showed a calculation that included Expenses. I could have claimed more but didnt need to. I also included 2 cover letters. 1 stated what was included and another 1 explained how I was paid, from the client to the agency through Giant and to me.
Income Tax return -
P60 for Apr05 to Apr06.
I also got a statement from Giant on their lettehead showing how much tax I have paid this financial year and last financial year.
Bank Statements -
Official bank statements (The reference for each payment was Giant)
Salary slips -
From Giant I got salary slips, printed with stamp and signature (signature was from same person on all the documents). On the Giants salary slips there is a section below it called invoice reconcilliation. This shows the Net pay (gross + expenses) + Dividend = Net Pay.
Dividend Voucher for each payment (shows tax credit).
Year to Date dividend payout for the financial year (Tax voucher analysis).
Invoices -
Invoice copies, stamped and signed.
Contracts -
Assignment Schedule which is the contract between myself and Giant. This only showed that I was paid min wage (no dividend). It also included the terms and conditions.
Copy of contract from my employment agency. This shows the daily rate to be paid. It says I am the initial consultant.
Letter from employment agency stating how much was paid to Giant (incl. and excl VAT). It says how long I worked at their client for and who the client was. It also says what the daily rate was.
Letter from Client stating that I did work for them and between what period.
Employee reference letter stating my daily rate and how and why I am paid dividends (This is their standard letter).

Age -
South African drivers licence.
Copy of passport stamped by commissioner of oaths (who was actually a notary) but not notarised.
Im not sure if I got points for this because I only needed points for my degree and earnings.

I hope this helps others. I did this application myself by the way.

subhsmp
Newly Registered

Giant powerhouse - independant contractor or salaried

Post by subhsmp » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi All,
I worked for giant powerhouse ( managed composite company) and I am wondering if I should claim points as "independant contractor" or "salaried". What did you do jasberg? Also I do not have P60- Giant won't give it- They say I should have been in a contract when the P60 was being issued( Lame excuse). I have the p60 for 2005-06 and I can get the P45. Giant has agreed to give a statement of earnings . Will these be enough?