ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sending british passport to Overseas

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

truwaq
Newly Registered

sending british passport to Overseas

Post by truwaq » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi
I applied for British passport of my baby born in the UK, however it will take sometime to get that process.

Due to emergency my wife has to go to his home country with the baby. the baby has home country passport.

Can I post the British passport of my baby later when I get it to home country so baby can come back to UK without any problem or it is not allowed?
or there is any other solution.

thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:47 pm

By registered/recorded secure airmail delivery or perhaps better, if you can get someone you know who is going abroad (same place) to take it with them.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

truwaq
Newly Registered

Post by truwaq » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Thanks D4109125
this is cool to know that we can post British passport overseas, as most countries doesn't allow to send passport to other countries

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:16 pm

D4109125 wrote:By registered/recorded secure airmail delivery or perhaps better, if you can get someone you know who is going abroad (same place) to take it with them.
It isn't illegal to give or carry someone elses Passport, you won't be "arrested" or "charged", however under the conditions of the Home Office you are not permitted to give to anyone else. The Passport is the property of the Home Office, not you. If you breach the agreed condition the Home Office can confiscate the Passport.....

I am bit confused, if your baby has current passport and have ILR, why not use it to come back. I assume your wife has not got British Passport and she has to come back using ILR card.

Please clarify,

personally I would refrain from sending passport with some one else as, the person carrying may not have problems, but if searched at immigration in another country with someone's passport, may lend them in trouble.

truwaq
Newly Registered

Post by truwaq » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi neoseal
baby was born in UK when parents were on tier 1. parents got ILR (without applying for baby as he will become eligible for citizenship). parents are waiting for baby passport now and want to travel urgently.

I think the conditions mentioned by you sending passport by post is better using DHL or any other trusted couriers.

neoseal wrote:
D4109125 wrote:By registered/recorded secure airmail delivery or perhaps better, if you can get someone you know who is going abroad (same place) to take it with them.
It isn't illegal to give or carry someone elses Passport, you won't be "arrested" or "charged", however under the conditions of the Home Office you are not permitted to give to anyone else. The Passport is the property of the Home Office, not you. If you breach the agreed condition the Home Office can confiscate the Passport.....

I am bit confused, if your baby has current passport and have ILR, why not use it to come back. I assume your wife has not got British Passport and she has to come back using ILR card.

Please clarify,

personally I would refrain from sending passport with some one else as, the person carrying may not have problems, but if searched at immigration in another country with someone's passport, may lend them in trouble.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Some big name courier companies will not take passports for shipment. i a brown one that does not.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:31 am

I'm not entirely sure whether it's legal to send passport with either someone else or via post. I always thought passport should be carried either by person or responsible adult in case of infants.

Please check with Home Office before taking any such step.. I'm sure you wouldn't want any trouble afterwords...

RiteshAryal
Newly Registered

Re: sending british passport to Overseas

Post by RiteshAryal » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi Truwaq,
I've the same problem right now.
Could you please suggest what you did, coz I'm going to do the same.

Should I DHL ?
OR
IS that alright to carry my baby son passport with myself and bring him back here ?

will really be appreciated if you share you valued experience.

Thanks