ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage less Than 2 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shuma_shayan

Marriage less Than 2 years

Post by shuma_shayan » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:42 am

hey i have heard that The uk HSMP team is rejecting those cases whose marraige took place less than 2 years back .How true is that . ????????Please reply.

in my case my 2 years will be completed in octobor 2004 , any my application date is 29th May2004

faizi
Newly Registered

dont worry

Post by faizi » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:46 am

just wait and see

druid
Newly Registered

Post by druid » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:58 pm

This is definitely not true. Our marriage is less then two years and my application was successful. However to be on the safe side you need to provide evidence for your relationship for the last 3 years (bank statements, bills, est.)

Hope this helps and good luck

D

shuma_shayan

marraige less than 2 years

Post by shuma_shayan » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:26 am

oh thats a relief , but we just have a marriage certificate as a proof of our marriage nothing else no bills and stuff , wont that be acceptable

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:38 am

shuma_shayan, you'll need to find 4 items from the list in the guidelines document.. look for government agencies certificates, bank statements etc.. you need to provide 4 items, otherwise it's nothing.
Good Luck!
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:56 am

you can do a simple and fast solution for it : 1 ) get a joint insurance 2) open up a joint bank account /FD account. Send the copies of it as a proof. Marriage cert. , joint insurance, 2 FD account cert. should be enough to claim the points.

shuma_shayan

Certificates and documents

Post by shuma_shayan » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:25 pm

Well Watz FD account and do we need to show the Balance in it also ,as we have shown money in the form of Saving certificates and Bonds.
Isnt Passport copy enough of a proof .
OK so if we open up a joint account please tell me do we need to show some balance in it , can we send credit cards statements...Please reply soon , and how to send them , what to write on the documents we are sending

rella

Post by rella » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:16 pm

You don't have to worry about showing money in an account at this point. They just want to know that you have actually lived together for at least two years. The HSMP guidance leaflet gives several examples of what to provide as proof:

telephone bills or statements
gas bills or statements
electricity bills or statements
water rates
council tax
local social services department
local health authority
government department or agency (e.g. Inland Revenue,)
bank or building society
credit card statements
insurance certificates complete with address
mortgage statements or agreement
tenancy agreement

We sent our marriage certificate, a lease, a council tax bill and a utility bill. All were in both of our names.

Did you remember to include proof of your wife's qualifications, such as a university degree or proof that she was employed at a graduate-level job?

shuma_shayan

how to send these documents

Post by shuma_shayan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:42 am

Dear Rella ,
I have credit cards but on my name , My husband has his own credit cards on his name so how will it show that we have been living together , Plus If i open up a joint account now or Joint insurance it will also be from the current date again it wont be showing that we have been together for 2 years .
Actually we donot have any utility bills and tenancy agreemnents as we r living in our in laws house . Please reply what can be the soonest possible solution .
Yes i have attached my hsuabnds degree and all.

shuma_shayan

one more problem

Post by shuma_shayan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:10 am

the addresses on our credit cards are of our offices . because we never receive our credit cards bills at our home address ,
If we open u a joint insurance and joint bank accounts should we give our home address .

is it fine to include the credit card statememts having Our office addresses

rella

Post by rella » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:56 am

Shuma,

Do you have to have the spouse points to get enough total points?

I take it that you and your husband did not live together prior to your marriage two years ago. Is that right?

If you need the spouse points, you're going to have to come up with a creative way of proving that you've been living together over the last few years. The immigration officers probably have checklists as they go through the HSMP applications. Since you haven't included evidence required -- 3 additional pieces of evidence that you've been living together, in addition to your marriage certificate -- they will not give you those points.

I remembered a post over on the family immigration forum that I thought might be helpful in giving you some ideas. Yours is a very different situation, but maybe this post can give you some ideas of how to show your husband and you have been living together.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ed+partner

Think about anything you might have that can make your case. Write a letter explaining the situation -- that you live with your inlaws and don't have a lease agreement, a mortgage or utility bills. Then attach as much evidence as you can find that you and your husband live together. Do your paychecks have your home address on them? Can you think of any official documents, that are addressed to you at your home address? Do you have bank accounts that come to your home address? How about driver's licenses or car insurance or a car registration? Even if you can't provide items addressed to both of you, if can provide several items addressed to each of you, but at the same address, that may suffice. But, you need to get something together that is convincing, or you will not be awarded those points.

Please keep us updated about your case. I think that there are probably many couples living with inlaws. If you can find a way to get spouse points in this situation, it will be very helpful to other applicants.

Good luck!

rella

shuma_shayan

Thanks for the detailed reply

Post by shuma_shayan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:22 am

Dear ,
\You are right we were not living with each other before 2 years .
Now what I can come up with is
My and my husbands NIC copy, and passport copy (having our home address)
My and my husbands drivers license (having our home address)
Opening up a new Joint account whose bills will come to our home address
Taking a new insurance policy whose bills will also come to our Home address.
But the problem is that they will start from the current date and would not show that we have been together.

Plus we both visited Dubai last year so most prolly we would be having our tickets and visa would they count
tough luck
:oops:

please reply soon

rella

Post by rella » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:07 am

That's a good start. Make copies of everything you can, like driver's licenses and passports. Go through all of your personal documents and correspondence and see what you can find that is addressed to you both at your home address. It's better to have too much than not enough, especially if you don't have the kind of evidence that HSMP is asking for. If I were you, I'd try to stick with documents that cover the two year period A new joint bank account may or may not be useful.

Do you know any government official who can vouch that you live together and provide you with a signed and notarized affidavit? How about a member of the clergy as well? I'm just bouncing around ideas. You'll have to see what you can come up with as you go through your records. I think you should also go to the trouble of notarizing copies of official documents that you can't send, like passports and driver's licenses, to give them more validity.