ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement by overseas Master Degree M.COM

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement by overseas Master Degree M.COM

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Dear Senior Members,

I have tried to clear my confusion from long residency forum but still not 100 % cleared so I have created a new topic regarding meeting English Language requirement by Overseas Degrees.I hope It not only benefit me but other also find useful.

I have checked UK-Naric website and found that Statement of Comparability does not contain any information on the medium of instruction.It means I also need to apply English Language Assessment by UK-Naric.

Please check the question and answer that I found on the UK- Naric website as follows.

What is the difference between a Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment?

The UK NARIC Statement of Comparability is an officially recognised document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in the UK, irrespective of it being an academic, vocational or professional award. It does not contain any information on the medium of instruction.

The English Language Assessment assesses whether an individual's English language proficiency is equivalent to CEFR level C1, based on completion of an English language test or academic qualifications taught in English.This service comments only on English proficiency and does not include information on the comparable level of the award.

What are your suggestions about how to meet English Language Requirement for settlement ? Do I need to apply for both Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment or not?And what other documents I need ? And please provide a good sample letter that I need from the University that degree was taught in English?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:07 pm

I gather you're applying after 28-oct? Is your degree awarded 10+ points on the PBS calculator?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 pm

D4109125 wrote:I gather you're applying after 28-oct? Is your degree awarded 10+ points on the PBS calculator?
Hi,
Yes applying after 28 Oct for ILR for my wife. She did Master in Commerce from the University of the Punjab Pakistan and zero points on PBS calculator.

waiting for your advice ?

Kind regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:45 pm

The she needs to request a statement of comparability from NARIC (click) to see if the degree is comparable to a UK degree. I assume it was taught in English?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:32 pm

D4109125 wrote:The she needs to request a statement of comparability from NARIC (click) to see if the degree is comparable to a UK degree. I assume it was taught in English?
Thanks for your reply . Yes it was taught in English.But my confusion remains same as to meet English requirement by overseas qualification such as not in majority speaking English , the qualification must be cofirmed by UK Naric deemed to be at least Uk Bachelor Degree and meet the B1 CEFR.

The statement of comparability only confirm the equivalence of overseas qualification but not confirm that it is at least CEFR B1 .

If i apply the statement of comparability then how I am able to demonstrate that it is atleast CEFR B1 level?

Looking for advice?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Because the statement of intent states that a comparable degree taught in English will be adequate to meet the B1 requirement. You should wait for the guidance to see the exact criteria. So if the degree is comparable and was taught in English (letter from the Uni) that should suffice.