ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SEt(o) - Evidence for absences - Question 6.2 and 6.3

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pnakhat
Newly Registered

SEt(o) - Evidence for absences - Question 6.2 and 6.3

Post by pnakhat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:50 pm

I am applying for ILR soon and bit confused about question 6.2 and 6.3 - Evidence for absences

- Out of five years my first 14 months were on work permit. In that period I had 7 unpaid leave and 25 paid leave.

- Do I need a letter from employer for the same ?

- Is unpaid leave going to be an issue ?

Any recent applicant please share your experience

In question 6.2 it reads "Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion);
Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except
Highly Skilled Migrants.
Evidence of absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons is also required from all of the above
categories, and those applying under the Business person; Self-employed person; Investor; Innovator;
Writer; Composer, and Artist categories"

I see form before 6th April did not mention Tier1 general in this notes.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: SEt(o) - Evidence for absences - Question 6.2 and 6.3

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:30 pm

pnakhat wrote:I am applying for ILR soon and bit confused about question 6.2 and 6.3 - Evidence for absences

- Out of five years my first 14 months were on work permit. In that period I had 7 unpaid leave and 25 paid leave.

- Do I need a letter from employer for the same ?

- Is unpaid leave going to be an issue ?

Any recent applicant please share your experience

In question 6.2 it reads "Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion);
Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except
Highly Skilled Migrants.
Evidence of absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons is also required from all of the above
categories, and those applying under the Business person; Self-employed person; Investor; Innovator;
Writer; Composer, and Artist categories"

I see form before 6th April did not mention Tier1 general in this notes.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Were you out of the country during the 7 unpaid leaves and 25 paid leaves in 14 months

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 pm

So long as the absences are <180 days per 12 month period you should not be required to provide evidence.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

pnakhat
Newly Registered

Post by pnakhat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:21 am

Ok, but the policy document does not mention Tier1 in the 180 days rules.

This is the excerpt

For the Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) and highly skilled
migrant (applying under Appendix S of the rules) categories there is no requirement to give
a reason for absences if they do not exceed 180 days in any of the five, four, three or two
consecutive 12 month periods of the continuous period, depending on the category, counted
backwards from the date of application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR).

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:24 am

I know, but it's based on experience of members, you should not be asked for the evidence so far as <180 days per 12 months.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nks

Post by nks » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:43 pm

and if you read closer in the excerpt provided by you, it says 'reason for absence' and there is no mention of word 'evidence'. Reason should be inline with your purpose for stay in UK and most likely, they are indeed the same.

jork
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by jork » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:43 am

Amber_ wrote:I know, but it's based on experience of members, you should not be asked for the evidence so far as <180 days per 12 months.

Is this still the case??

dk2011

Re: SEt(o) - Evidence for absences - Question 6.2 and 6.3

Post by dk2011 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:26 am

Generally , Yes.