ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to prove dependancy for extended relative

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amimisisam5
Newly Registered

How to prove dependancy for extended relative

Post by Amimisisam5 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi, this is my first time on this forum so bear with me guys, I'de like some information on using the surinder singh route for extended family. In this it's my first cousin. It's so difficult to get clear answers for extended family hopefully someone may be able to enlighten me.

My cousin is currently a Pakistani national, where she was born. She's 23 and lives alone, it's difficult to prove dependancy because we send her money through relatives, we can't apply for her through the normal visa routes because she doesn't meet the criteria. My brother is british born and wanted to exercise his freedom of movement rights by moving to Spain. So the questions I'm worried about are;

1) if she apples for a schengen visa from Pakistan can she fill it out like other "direct family members" or does she have to give proof of dependancy with this application?

2) does she have to prove dependancy or she's a member of the household before traveling to the host memberstate, and then again when she apples for the family permit?

3) for how long does she have to be a member of the household before it is accepetable?

4) what is the success rate for cases for extended family? i am aware they "extensively examine" these applications.

I was hoping applying for the schengen visa would be straightforward, we would just have to prove her relationship to him and the paperwork would be needed later on for the family permit.

I would be grateful if anybody who has any information could get back to me.

Regards

vinny

Re: Member of household......?

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:37 am

Amimisisam5 wrote:Hi guys,
My previous post has had no reply so I've decided to be more specific.
For extended family members of eea nationals how long do they have to be a member of the household?
My brother has visited Pakistan and lived with our cousin whilst he was there. The last time he went was December 2012 for a week before then February 2012 for two weeks. Is this enough for when we apply for a schengen visa? We want her ti live with him I spain as a member of the household before fp application.

Can I please get a reply from anyone with any experience. I've read other posts and know there are knowledgable people in these forums, I would be grateful if someone could help me.

Regards
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

blesoo100
Newly Registered

Post by blesoo100 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:24 pm

I did the same application as my sister is an Eu citizen. I was refused but appealed and my appeal was allowed. To qualify as,an extended family member, your cousin must prove prior dependence and present membership of household. The evidences aee much abd quite complicated. Evidence of prior dependence could 'vbeu receipts of money transfers you've been sending to her in pakistan before she arrived in uk, receipts of her school fees or apprenticeship you paid for her in pakian befir arriving in uk, all receipts of money or goods you bought for your cousin vefore sge arrived in uk, if you pay for her ticket to uk, her ticket with the ticket receipt would be good as well. Evidences of membership of hosehold could be tenancy of agreements with both of yoyr names showing that you live together in the same address in uk, ur bank ststements showinb the same address as you cousin, your cousin statements showing yhe same address as yours, your nhs card showing ur add, ur cousins nhs card showing same sddress, all ur bills at the same address, you can also add your shopping cards and statements at d same address,for example, tesco, asda, peacocks, blue inc, zara, h&m etc....

Amimisisam5
Newly Registered

Post by Amimisisam5 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:29 pm

Thanks so much for replying! My cousin hasn't traveled to the uk yet, she's never left her home country. I just wanted to know if i would have to prove dependancy for the schengen visa for Spain. If so how long does she have to be dependant.....three months, six months etc....

Again thanks for helping that information was hugely useful.

blesoo100
Newly Registered

Post by blesoo100 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:48 am

You might prove dependency and you might not. What u asked is quite complicated. I yhink you have to travel to spain, live there for a while, invite her to spain bt I think its logical to prove some form of dependency to d spanish authorities in pakistan. All these will add up to the prove of dependency for her to get an eea fp from spain to uk and later apply for residence card in uk. She cant enter uk with a residence car, she can only get when she has arrived in uk.
Another thing u can do is to start sending her things, money, pay her fees in pakistan, you might even pay for her travel ticket and let ur name ve on d receipt dat u paid for it as proof of her prior dependency before arriving in uk. I dont think its necessary for both of u to live together in another Eu state. As a british citizen, u can go to spain, work there for while and get ur payslips, contracts, proof of employment, work no in spain, work no just like ni number in uk, etc. Bring all thse back with u to uk as evidence that u worked and exercised treaty rights in another eu ciuntry. She can then come to uk on any route, or even try eea family permit( not too sure). Once she's in d uk, she can apply for a residence card with all d proofs u gathered in spin, and with all the receipts of money you sent to her in pakistan before sge arrived in uk as proofs of her prior dependence on u. Once she's here in uk, bank statements, ugility bills, tenancy if agreement, nhs cards, letters, shopping cards and statemts rtc in both of ur namrs at d same address could be used as proof that u're living together at sane place in uk that is she.s a member of yiur household in uk. Cheers

Amimisisam5
Newly Registered

Post by Amimisisam5 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks blessoo100,
All of that has helped me greatly.
:)

zulakam
Newly Registered

Re: How to prove dependancy for extended relative

Post by zulakam » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Hello I am in similar situation. Did you manage to bring your cousin over?

Masudrahman
Newly Registered

Post by Masudrahman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:38 am

Hi there
I am from Bangladesh and I was in England
almost 2 years with my sister. She is British
citizen. I have all document in Same address
like electric bill , phone bill,Provisional
driving license, bank letter , gp Letter
and national insurance number.

Now I m in France and trying to go Spain.
Can my sister make me dependent family
Member in Spain or any others europian country.
If yes then how can I apply. Suggest me
Please. thanks in advance:)

Masudrahman
Newly Registered

Post by Masudrahman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:19 am

Masudrahman wrote:Hi there
I am from Bangladesh and I was in England
almost 2 years with my sister. She is British
citizen. I have all document in Same address
like electric bill , phone bill,Provisional
driving license, bank letter , gp Letter
and national insurance number.

Now I m in France and trying to go Spain.
Can my sister make me extended family
Member in Spain or any others europian country.
If yes then how can I apply. Suggest me
Please. thanks in advance:)