ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband is a contract worker - financial requirement ok?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LarissaAnn
Newly Registered

Husband is a contract worker - financial requirement ok?

Post by LarissaAnn » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 pm

I'm an American and my British husband is an engineer who works for an umbrella company that recruits him out to jobs. He has been with this umbrella company for just under two years and with his most recent job made well over the financial requirement for a twelve month period (£40-45000).

He has since finished this job and has another potential job lined up that is a twelve month contract and makes roughly the same amount....We plan to apply for my spouse visa shortly after he takes this next contract.

I know it's required that the British spouse be employed with an employer six months to qualify to apply for a spouse visa.....Will this be an issue that though he has been employed with the same employer for two years, he has a three month gap in pay between recruitment jobs yet still has made over the financial requirement for a twelve month period?

His umbrella company has agreed to write a letter as confirmation of his status with the company.

Thank you for any opinions or advice you have to offer.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:54 pm

An examples from Annex FM 1.7 (click):
page 21 wrote:(c) The applicant‟s partner lives in the UK and is a fashion photographer who does shortterm contract work for several agencies. He has periods without work and the
amount he is paid varies from job to job. Over the last 12 months he has earned a
total of £20,000. In the most recent 6 months his gross earnings are as follows:
£3500, £0, £0, £2300, £3400, £500. The application is made on the basis of meeting
the financial requirement under Category B non-salaried employment.
Under part (1) of Category B, the applicant‟s partner‟s current annual employment
income
= (gross earnings over the last 6 months, divided by 6) multiplied by 12
= ((3500+0+0+2300+3400+500) ÷ 6) x 12
= (9,700 ÷ 6) x 12
= £19,400
Under part (2) of Category B, the applicant‟s partner‟s actual employment income
over last 12 months
= £20,000
So both part (1) and part (2) of Category B are met.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

LarissaAnn
Newly Registered

Post by LarissaAnn » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:00 am

Thank you D4107125