ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peteeron
Newly Registered

UK passport

Post by peteeron » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:41 am

I am getting my citzenship soon, I was looking at uk passport application. There was a question ( section 03) about any sort of passport British or overseas. I have an overseas/ middle-eastern ( i.e non commonwealth) passport with ILR
1- has anyone filled that section and send their passport away? what happened to it?
2- what happens to overseas passport: do they keep them, cancel ILR, send back it to me, or send it to original issuing country/embassy?

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Post by Epiphany » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:09 am

I went to the Victoria Passport office in person, but I had to carry my previous passport with me. It doesn't matter if its commonwealth or not. They take your old one in along with the application and then send it back along with the new UK passport. They don't cancel your ILR in the old passport (they don't really care).
Cheers

Kantaloobi
Newly Registered

Post by Kantaloobi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:45 am

Epiphany is right. Don't worry about that. U have to fill in the passport number in section 3 and send it with your application. Then they will return it to you seperately without any alterations. This is just to check your existing passport.

peteeron
Newly Registered

Post by peteeron » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:07 pm

Thank you guys. That was very helpful

cheers