ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help with COS, cover letter and payslips

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dealwithambiguity
Newly Registered

Urgent help with COS, cover letter and payslips

Post by dealwithambiguity » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:50 am

Hello guys,

I hope I would get an answer to few questions. I am currently on TIER 1 PSW visa and I wish to switch into TIER 2 general.

Today morning I got certificate of sponsorship which has all the details correct I believe except one thing which I think would cause an issue when I will apply

Here are some of the details from COS

Job title: Software Engineer

Job type: 2136 Programmers and software development
professionals

Have you met the resident labour market test?: Y

Give details of the resident labour market test including where and
when the post was advertised and reference number(s) for mandatory
advertising:
Candidate will be 'Switching' into Tier 2 (General)
(I believe this needs to be more specific, isn't it? I mean HR should write something like APPLICANT IS A TIER 1 POST STUDY WORKER AND THEREFORE EXEMPT FROM UNDERTAKING THE RESIDENT LABOUR MARKET TEST) Don't you guys think so? Please suggest should I ask HR to withdraw this COS and reassign me another one.

Tick to confirm that the post is at the appropriate skill level as set out in
the sponsor guidance:
Y
Tick to confirm the sponsor certifies maintenance for the migrant: Y
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now another question which is kind of serious one

With this certificate of sponsorship details I got a cover letter and I have been asked by the company to submit this letter with the visa application form to prove that company will take care of my maintenance funds. However, in this letter it is also mentioned that

"Candidate commenced employment with the company on 05 March 2012, his current Gross Salary is
£26,397.36 per annum and I confirm the salary slips that he will be submitting for his visa application are original."

Now the problem is as the letter says I have to show my payslips as well but the problem here is I am working with child company and I am getting sponsored by the parent company and my payslips have got child company's name name on top. So, don't you think if I submit these payslips with my application form there is a chance that UKBA would reject my application.

Please help me, this is very urgent I have to apply asap.

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

I am looking forward for your reply.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:04 pm

Re. the rLMT this is the HO guidance on how to complete the assignment of a CoS on the SMS:

Have you met the resident labour market test?
Tick as appropriate.

The guidance for sponsors sets out when you must conduct a resident labour market test and how it should be conducted. When you tick this box you are confirming all of the requirements set out in that guidance;
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sguidance/

If you have not conducted a resident labour market test because there is an exemption that applies you must still tick the box but tell us in the box that follows what exemption applies.

Re. cover letter and payslips - you don't need either of these when you apply. However, there is no harm submitting recent payslips and they can be from any employer as it is not a requirement to have worked previously for the company who sponsors you.

dealwithambiguity
Newly Registered

Post by dealwithambiguity » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:17 am

manci wrote:Re. the rLMT this is the HO guidance on how to complete the assignment of a CoS on the SMS:

Have you met the resident labour market test?
Tick as appropriate.

The guidance for sponsors sets out when you must conduct a resident labour market test and how it should be conducted. When you tick this box you are confirming all of the requirements set out in that guidance;
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sguidance/

If you have not conducted a resident labour market test because there is an exemption that applies you must still tick the box but tell us in the box that follows what exemption applies.

Re. cover letter and payslips - you don't need either of these when you apply. However, there is no harm submitting recent payslips and they can be from any employer as it is not a requirement to have worked previously for the company who sponsors you.
Hello Manci,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!

So, that means even if I don't give my payslips that should be fine?
Also, for the RLMT they have written "Candidate is switching into Tier 2" which I don't think is appropriate. As I am on TIER 1 PSW so they need to mention that in words that it doesn't apply to TIER 1 PSW visa holder, isn't it?

Sorry to pester with the same questions, but I am too confused.

Also, my tier 1 psw visa is valid until 24th oct 2013, do you think I should go for PEO or I should do standard application.

Do we get the result on same day with PEO?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:03 am

Ask the company to add a sponsor note to the CoS explaining that you are switching from T1 PSW.

As it is not known how long an ordinary postal application would take to decide it is advisable to make a priority application. This could be either in person at a PEO (decision usually the same day, bookings 42 days in advance) or a priority postal application:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -priority/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... plication/

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:49 am

manci wrote: bookings 42 days in advance

Hi Manci,
But I have loged into my ukba account and saw there are available days for booking even next week, why 42 days in advance, am i missing something?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am

you cannot book more than 42 days in advance but can book any slot that is available on the system

dealwithambiguity
Newly Registered

Post by dealwithambiguity » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:36 pm

manci wrote:Ask the company to add a sponsor note to the CoS explaining that you are switching from T1 PSW.

As it is not known how long an ordinary postal application would take to decide it is advisable to make a priority application. This could be either in person at a PEO (decision usually the same day, bookings 42 days in advance) or a priority postal application:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -priority/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... plication/

Hello Manci,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I just noticed one more thing in my certificate of sponsorship.
There is a personal information section in which they have asked for
Country of Residence and the HR has written INDIA

I believe it should be United Kingdom, because country of residence is where you are currently residing, right?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks