ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best option for marrying american girlfriend?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

steveyb
Newly Registered

Best option for marrying american girlfriend?

Post by steveyb » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:18 pm

We want to get married so we can live together without moving around on tourist visas. I run my own business so I don't realy care about a green card I just want to be able to live in USA with her. I need to be able to leave though so I can get back to UK and other places for business and whatever.

What is the best option for me to apply for a fiancee visa or get married outside US and apply for a marriage visa?

I don't want to leave my GF in USA while I am stuck in england waiting for application can I go to US on a tourist visa while stuff is pending?

Anyone got any recomendations for good lawyers to advise and put in applications etc?
tnx
sb

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:14 am

If you want to be based in the US with your girlfriend your only option is probably marrying her and applying for an immigrant visa, or a fiance visa (K1), or a K3 visa, which is quicker than an immigrant visa (but then you have to continue the application process in the US). By the way, I assume your girlfriend is an actual US citizen, not a green card holder. The Visa Waiver Program only allows you to stay up to 90 days at a time, and you can't use it too often.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:00 am

Hi --

We have an excellent section on our website that will give you the basic info you need for first) a fiancé (K-1 visa) and then second) a spouse visa.
workpermit.com wrote:You will need to submit an immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130. After USCIS, the National Visa Center and the US Embassy complete all the necessary administrative processing your spouse will be granted an immigrant visa. Your spouse will receive an IR1 or a CR1 visa
Family based Visas
http://workpermit.com/us/family_visas.htm

Basically, you will need to show there are enough resources and living arrangements to keep you alive. So, money in a bank account, lease, etc. As a business owner, you can show that your income is more than sufficient to maintain you, else your fiancé/wife will have to show she can support you.

If you want immigration experts to evaluate and help with the paperwork, we are in that business .... ;-) ... so, shameless plug, contact our office in London :

http://workpermit.com/contact_us.htm

London Office : +44 (0)20 7842 0800 for a consultation or an appointment

Hope that helps out,

The Admin