ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Tier 1 Entrepreneurial application (from PSW)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KickAss
Member of Standing

Advice on Tier 1 Entrepreneurial application (from PSW)

Post by KickAss » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Got this as a PM

Hello KickAss,

Thank you for your very detailed post (June 8, 2013 "Double Visa") on your visa application process. I am looking to extend my stay in the UK after my PSW expires next year, and your posts have been helpful in providing tips on how to make the Case Officer's work easier. I especially like the idea of post it notes, I will be doing that!

I am a Chemical Engineer, been a director of my own company since March 2012 and have worked pretty much non stop since then as a consultant for a couple of companies. I have a couple of questions and I hope you can help, with your experience of the tier 1 entrepreneur application process:

1) My contracts with Clients have been through recruitment agencies, and not direct. I am not however employed by the agencies, but my own company. I wanted to know if the contract you supplied to UKBA was also similar, i.e. you got your contract with the help of an agency? Or is your contract direct?

Ans :- I actually got a contract directly with a software firm. No, I dont think you will have any issues as its common to have contract via recruitment agencies. Ill suggest you use sticky notes or marker to highlight the end client in the contract.

2) Did you have to show anything about your address, i.e. if your work place was different from home address? My home address (rented) is listed as my work address (I spend all my working hours in the Client's office).

Ans :- It was clearly mentioned that my work place will be clients address or my software firms address in the contract. I think it might be a problem as I have a vague idea that UKBA raised concerns on this for one of the applicant. Isn't that possible for you to get your clients work address added in to the contract ?

Any other gems of advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Keep an eye on latest form and policy guidelines. I did a lame mistake of applying with an old form.
Read policy guidelines at least 5-6 times. you will always come up with something new.

I am posting this as a thread. This might be helpful to many.
Please feel free to add more in the thread.
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

wazobia

Re: Advice on Tier 1 Entrepreneurial application (from PSW)

Post by wazobia » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:32 pm

KickAss,

Thanks for the response. Apologies for not seeing your signature message about not PMing you / posting in forum.

All three contracts I've signed over the past year clearly state the assignment will be based at the Client's address, so that isn't an issue. What I was trying to ask (and after reading my earlier message I can see it didn't come across clearly) was about the registered address of the company (with company house). My home (rental) address is my registered company address; I don't require a separate office for what I do. Has anyone had issues with rental home addresses being used as company registered address?

KickAss wrote:Got this as a PM

Hello KickAss,

Thank you for your very detailed post (June 8, 2013 "Double Visa") on your visa application process. I am looking to extend my stay in the UK after my PSW expires next year, and your posts have been helpful in providing tips on how to make the Case Officer's work easier. I especially like the idea of post it notes, I will be doing that!

I am a Chemical Engineer, been a director of my own company since March 2012 and have worked pretty much non stop since then as a consultant for a couple of companies. I have a couple of questions and I hope you can help, with your experience of the tier 1 entrepreneur application process:

1) My contracts with Clients have been through recruitment agencies, and not direct. I am not however employed by the agencies, but my own company. I wanted to know if the contract you supplied to UKBA was also similar, i.e. you got your contract with the help of an agency? Or is your contract direct?

Ans :- I actually got a contract directly with a software firm. No, I dont think you will have any issues as its common to have contract via recruitment agencies. Ill suggest you use sticky notes or marker to highlight the end client in the contract.

2) Did you have to show anything about your address, i.e. if your work place was different from home address? My home address (rented) is listed as my work address (I spend all my working hours in the Client's office).

Ans :- It was clearly mentioned that my work place will be clients address or my software firms address in the contract. I think it might be a problem as I have a vague idea that UKBA raised concerns on this for one of the applicant. Isn't that possible for you to get your clients work address added in to the contract ?

Any other gems of advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Keep an eye on latest form and policy guidelines. I did a lame mistake of applying with an old form.
Read policy guidelines at least 5-6 times. you will always come up with something new.

I am posting this as a thread. This might be helpful to many.
Please feel free to add more in the thread.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: Advice on Tier 1 Entrepreneurial application (from PSW)

Post by KickAss » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Please search for recent rejection of Visa.
One of the Lame reason for rejection as per UKBA was something like this
"You are doing the business from a house which is rented and you have not taken permission of your landlord to do the business" ... wordings might be a bit different but this was the concern raised.

Personally I feel you should not have any issues as getting an office space is a very major thing in any business and its a big investment too. (even if its a lease).

What is your situation as per the household ? Owner/Rented ?
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:29 pm

It's a rented apartment.

I'll have a look around to see the rejection reasons. Thanks