ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Extension 2 years or 3 ? First Applied in 2009

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xs2ahmed
Newly Registered

Second Extension 2 years or 3 ? First Applied in 2009

Post by xs2ahmed » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Hello Every one,
I am going to apply for my second extension in October and it is not clear whether I will get 2 years extension or three ?

My initial application was made on 2-3-2009 = 3 Years given
First extension application on November 7 2011 = 2 years Given
Now to apply in October 11 2013 = How many years of extension should I get

Also I am calculating my points like below based on the assumption that rules that applied on 2-3-2009 will still apply to me, am I correct ?

Age = I was 27 when I applied for first application = 20
Education = masters = 35
Earning = income 22900 = 15
UK Experience = my earnings 22900 are all in UK = 5
English skills = as in first app = 10
funds = I have more than 900 in bank for 3 months = 10

I will book appointment after someone advises me that I my assumptions are correct.

Thank you.
Ahmed

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:54 am

you should get 3yrs extension

xs2ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by xs2ahmed » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:40 am

abhisheks9 wrote:you should get 3yrs extension
Thanks for your response. Can you also tell if I am calculating my points for my extension application to be made in october 2013, under the correct rules ? my first application was on 2-3-2009 and first extension was applied on 7-11-2011

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:06 pm

xs2ahmed wrote:
Thanks for your response. Can you also tell if I am calculating my points for my extension application to be made in october 2013, under the correct rules ? my first application was on 2-3-2009 and first extension was applied on 7-11-2011
even i am confused :?
please don't accuse me of not knowing english :oops:
see if following helps?

i think you need 75 points, but against old point table in placed before 06-Apr-2010.
Read following extracts to make sense
for minimum Points
"An applicant last granted leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer,
Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in
place before 19 July 2010, and who has not been granted leave in any categories other than
these under the rules in place since 19 July 2010, must have 75 points from their attributes
(Appendix A of the Immigration Rules).
"

For Points Table
"Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or last had, leave as a Highly
Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1
(General) Migrant under the rules in place before 6 April 2010 and has not been granted
leave in any category other than these since 6 April 2010
"

Also to be doubly sure run UKBA point-based calculator

xs2ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by xs2ahmed » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:15 pm

abhisheks9 wrote:
xs2ahmed wrote:
even i am confused :?
please don't accuse me of not knowing english :oops:
see if following helps?

i think you need 75 points, but against old point table in placed before 06-Apr-2010.
Read following extracts to make sense
for minimum Points
"An applicant last granted leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer,
Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in
place before 19 July 2010, and who has not been granted leave in any categories other than
these under the rules in place since 19 July 2010, must have 75 points from their attributes
(Appendix A of the Immigration Rules).
"

For Points Table
"Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or last had, leave as a Highly
Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1
(General) Migrant under the rules in place before 6 April 2010 and has not been granted
leave in any category other than these since 6 April 2010
"

Also to be doubly sure run UKBA point-based calculator
Points calculator gives me the points based on old table according to my first application it does not take into account my first extension date at all only date of first application of tier 1 which is good for me. Exactly because of the same reason I had started to think that I would be given 2 years extension for the fac t that I am on old rules ?

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:28 pm

xs2ahmed wrote:Points calculator gives me the points based on old table according to my first application it does not take into account my first extension date at all only date of first application of tier 1 which is good for me. Exactly because of the same reason I had started to think that I would be given 2 years extension for the fac t that I am on old rules ?
you are right in your doubt, but 2 things suggests us that you will get 3 yrs
1) many 3+2 tier applicant got +3 recently
2) 3 years is based on previous or last grant after 06 Apr 2010.
So who ever got before this date will get 2 yrs, but since many of us have applied after this, which includes 1st extn like yours (mine was even entry clearance after the date :)) makes all of eligible for 3 yrs

hope makes sense?

xs2ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by xs2ahmed » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:44 pm

abhisheks9 wrote: you are right in your doubt, but 2 things suggests us that you will get 3 yrs
1) many 3+2 tier applicant got +3 recently
2) 3 years is based on previous or last grant after 06 Apr 2010.
So who ever got before this date will get 2 yrs, but since many of us have applied after this, which includes 1st extn like yours (mine was even entry clearance after the date :)) makes all of eligible for 3 yrs

hope makes sense?
I hope that's the case as I will be very glad if I get it for 3 years. 2 years pass very quickly, 3 years is a fairly descent time of extension..

As I will only be relying on extensions I don't think I would be in a position to apply for ILR because of my long stays back home in my country because of family. Thanks for your kind advice

Pksingh
Newly Registered

Re: Second Extension 2 years or 3 ? First Applied in 2009

Post by Pksingh » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:10 am

Hi,

I moved to UK in Dec 2011 which was 15 month after I got my visa(sept 2010).

Got my visa extended in sept 2012 (first extension) until Sept 2015 (3 yrs)

Now I need another extension in Sept 2015 before I can apply for ILR.

If the visa extension closes by 6th Apr 2015, then can I apply for an extension 6 months before expiry of my visa or how can I go about it ?

pavanbarnala
Newly Registered

Post by pavanbarnala » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Hi Ahmad,
My circumstances are similar to yours. 3+2. Going for second extension on 5 April 2014.
Did you get 3 year or 2 year extension? Please could you confirm#

Thanks
Pavan

ashafqat
BANNED

Post by ashafqat » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:45 pm

I have similar timelines and i got 3 years extension

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Dear Members,

I was initial granted Tier 1 G in Dec 2009 and my first extention was done on 27 Jan 2013. next is due on 26 Jan 2015. Can you please advise if I will get 3 OR 2 YEARS extention. I am really worried as I need 3 to fulfill the 5 years ILR requirement. I will really appreciate of you can advise me as I think you recently got a similar extension.

Kind Regards,
Naveed

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:05 pm

I also went for my 2nd extension on 11 March 2014 and they awarded for 2 years. But my previous extension was in May 2012. I sent a mail to BRPerror and also letter to caseworker. Got reply from BRPerror as below. Please help me, How can proceed further on this.

Good afternoon

Thank you for notifying us of a possible error on your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). We have looked into this matter and the expiry date showing on your BRP is correct according to our records. If you wish to dispute the expiry date, you should consult the guidance on our website at http://www.gov.uk in the first instance.

If this does not answer your query, you should write to your case worker setting out why you believe the expiry date on your BRP is incorrect. The address to write to your caseworker can be found on your decision letter. If you attended a Public Enquiry Office (PEO) to receive the outcome of your application, please contact the PEO attended. Please note we are unable to provide you with any further details of your caseworker.

Please do not return the BRP as this point - your caseworker will advise you if they need you to return the BRP.

Thank you
BRP Error Team

Thanks,
Suresh

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:54 pm

haiksuresh,

BRPError isn't the right place to be writing to about the number of years awarded. It's really the case worker you should be talking to, and hence be writing to the UKBA directly, mentioning your case reference number, which will then get the case worker to respond to you.

My friend had a similar experience in the past, see http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... ml#p952732

It took about 2 weeks for him to receive his corrected BRP's if I remember right.
Cheers,
OR