ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KPJNR
Newly Registered

ILR Advice

Post by KPJNR » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Hello , I was hoping to get some advice from people who have recently applied for ILR as it looks like things have changed.

Last week i made a PEO online appointment booking for my child , wife and me.

On making the application, the whole application fee of £3752 was taken on my card, although i don't see any £100 per person appointment fee on the transaction.

And i also made a mistake of adding my son as a dependant on the application, as he was born in the UK.

Was interested to know if anybody has cancelled an appointment in a similar case and what is the outcome of the cancellation.

If i go to cancel the appointment online it says i will loose £100 per person but if i look at their website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... rson/cost/ it says that you will loose the £100 in case you cancel with less than five working days before the appointment and you don't have a valid reason to cancel.

I have read in the forums that a dependant child who is born in the UK need not apply for ILR with the parents provided there is no immediate travel required but when i called the croydon contact centre i was advised that my child also needs to extend his stay via ILR because the parents status is changing although his visa has validity until end of 2014.

Thanks for any kind of advice.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Advice

Post by akhurshid » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:05 pm

KPJNR wrote:Hello , I was hoping to get some advice from people who have recently applied for ILR as it looks like things have changed.

On making the application, the whole application fee of £3752 was taken on my card, although i don't see any £100 per person appointment fee on the transaction.

And i also made a mistake of adding my son as a dependant on the application, as he was born in the UK.

Was interested to know if anybody has cancelled an appointment in a similar case and what is the outcome of the cancellation.

If i go to cancel the appointment online it says i will loose £100 per person but if i look at their website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... rson/cost/ it says that you will loose the £100 in case you cancel with less than five working days before the appointment and you don't have a valid reason to cancel.

I have read in the forums that a dependant child who is born in the UK need not apply for ILR with the parents provided there is no immediate travel required but when i called the croydon contact centre i was advised that my child also needs to extend his stay via ILR because the parents status is changing although his visa has validity until end of 2014.

I was in same situation when I applied last month. I made appointment for 3 and paid £300 and later realised that I don't need to apply for our daughter.
I called HO and asked if appointment can be changed. They said it can't be changed and it has to be cancelled. Lady that time said if I don't cancel it and just attend to appointment without our daughter, explain it to PEO staff, then it should be ok.
It wasn't ok as I lost booking fee for my daughter and only £200 was deducted from the total amount.

If you are certain that your application will be successful then I suggest you cancel the appointment, get a refund and book another appointment for only 2 people.
Child born in UK is entitled to register as British citizen under section 1(3).
HO also advised me the same that I should include my daughter with our application which I decided to ignore as they said even though my daughter is entitled to register, I should apply for her ILR just in case.
For me, it didn't feel right to spend that money for nothing.

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:13 pm

i also booked for me + 1 dependant with fees : 2589
I think the £3572 fees is including £100 booking fees for PEO for each applicant.

And if your child born in UK then if you not travelling any soon then you can apply for British citizen as soon as you get ILR.

KPJNR
Newly Registered

Post by KPJNR » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:32 pm

akhurshid wrote:
KPJNR wrote:Hello , I was hoping to get some advice from people who have recently applied for ILR as it looks like things have changed.

I was in same situation when I applied last month. I made appointment for 3 and paid £300 and later realised that I don't need to apply for our daughter.
I called HO and asked if appointment can be changed. They said it can't be changed and it has to be cancelled. Lady that time said if I don't cancel it and just attend to appointment without our daughter, explain it to PEO staff, then it should be ok.
It wasn't ok as I lost booking fee for my daughter and only £200 was deducted from the total amount.

If you are certain that your application will be successful then I suggest you cancel the appointment, get a refund and book another appointment for only 2 people.
Child born in UK is entitled to register as British citizen under section 1(3).
HO also advised me the same that I should include my daughter with our application which I decided to ignore as they said even though my daughter is entitled to register, I should apply for her ILR just in case.
For me, it didn't feel right to spend that money for nothing.
Thanks for the advice.

It has changed furthermore which somehow i feel is not right.

They are taking the whole application free upfront. I booked an appointment for Oct'13 and the fee has already been taken.

Do you think i will get a refund if i cancel the application, because when i go to cancel it says

-------------
About cancelling your appointment

If you choose to cancel:

you will lose the appointment you have booked;
you will need to re-book later to make a new appointment; and
if you have already paid for your existing appointment, we may not refund the £100 appointment fee per applicant. Information on this appointment fee, and what happens to the rest of the money you have paid (including our refund policy) can be found by reading paying for our premium service (opens in new window).
You can only cancel your appointment while it is more than 48 hours away. If it is less than 48 hours until your appointment and you need to cancel it for unavoidable reasons, call the contact centre (opens in a new window) .

Do you want to cancel your appointment?
--------------

Going by the above message it looks like i will loose £300 if i cancel.

Also in your case was it ok that you attended without your daughter and did the PEO staff understand that your daughter did not require a ILR, because the person i spoke to this morning at the croydon contact centre is suggesting my son still requires a ILR although he was born here, which i went on with him for sometime but he did not change his opinion.

KPJNR
Newly Registered

Post by KPJNR » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:37 pm

pragneshmpatel wrote:i also booked for me + 1 dependant with fees : 2589
I think the £3572 fees is including £100 booking fees for PEO for each applicant.

And if your child born in UK then if you not travelling any soon then you can apply for British citizen as soon as you get ILR.
Thanks for your advice.

My assumption was the £100 is for appointment booking in addition to the application fee.

£3752 is the application fee for the main application + 2 dependants

i.e 1426+1163+1163

going by this website.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ormset(o)/

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:10 pm

KPJNR wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

They are taking the whole application free upfront. I booked an appointment for Oct'13 and the fee has already been taken.

Do you think i will get a refund if i cancel the application, because when i go to cancel it says

-------------

If you choose to cancel:

if you have already paid for your existing appointment, we may not refund the £100 appointment fee per applicant. Information on this appointment fee, and what happens to the rest of the money you have paid (including our refund policy) can be found by reading paying for our premium service (opens in new window).
You can only cancel your appointment while it is more than 48 hours away. If it is less than 48 hours until your appointment and you need to cancel it for unavoidable reasons, call the contact centre (opens in a new window) .

--------------

Also in your case was it ok that you attended without your daughter and did the PEO staff understand that your daughter did not require a ILR, because the person i spoke to this morning at the croydon contact centre is suggesting my son still requires a ILR although he was born here, which i went on with him for sometime but he did not change his opinion.
I was told the same when I called but I was told on this forum that person you speak to over the phone is not a case worker.
By the virtue of Section 1(3), a child born in UK is entitled to register as British Citizen regardless of children's status.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378
Read Q29 to Q34

KPJNR
Newly Registered

Post by KPJNR » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:13 pm

akhurshid wrote:
KPJNR wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

-------------

If you choose to cancel:

--------------

I was told the same when I called but I was told on this forum that person you speak to over the phone is not a case worker.
By the virtue of Section 1(3), a child born in UK is entitled to register as British Citizen regardless of children's status.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378
Read Q29 to Q34
Thanks for the information.

I can probably use the same reason for the cancellation and get the refund as well.

Regards.