ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Canadian immigration

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maira

Got Canadian immigration

Post by Maira » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:08 am

Hello Everyone,

I checked my immigration status from the site and says DECESION MADE,
and the docs will be sent shortly, i applied from Pakistan and now i am in uk.My consultant says that u hv got the immigration i don’t believe him at that time...?

So Whats the next step to clear..?
Medical ..? Can i give medical from Uk...?
How much fees i have to pay for medical and Landing etc..?
Is there is any time frame for the medical to be given...?
Is there is any time frame to landing...
Any thing else i hv to take care off

As i hv applied for hsmp also and shortly i will hear news from them also,
if i get hsmp which is better ...?

Plz help me ...

Maira

SomeOne
Newly Registered

Post by SomeOne » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:09 pm

Hi Maira,
Would you like to share with us your credentials??? I mean your edu, exp etc etc & sorry can't answer your query :), hope someone here will be able to help you soon.
TIA,
Regards,
Someone.

KV

Post by KV » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:23 am

Also, can you tell us when did you apply and how long did it take for the decision?

Maira

Post by Maira » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:39 pm

Yup sure ,

i applied through consultant last year 2003 march and got a decesion 10 days back.I am IT professional habing 5 years of experience....

Maria

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:40 pm

Maira wrote:I checked my immigration status from the site and says DECESION MADE,
and the docs will be sent shortly, i applied from Pakistan and now i am in uk.My consultant says that u hv got the immigration i don’t believe him at that time...?

Don't mean to burst your bubble but the decision made does not necessarily mean approval. It could be a decision on your initial assessment or security checks (unlikley). You need to wait for feedback from the visa office processing your case - there may be a requirement for an interview or further documentation likely to be updated work references and evidence of settlement funds. You will be requested to undertake a medical only after receiving a favourable decision at the selection stage. The final approval of your application will be done after:

1. A favourable selection on initial assessment/ after interview if required.

2. Passing the medical. You can take the medical at any designated medical practioner including those in the UK. Costs will vary but will inlcude x-ray and blood test fees as well as the check up fee - London will be more expensive than other areas. As a ball park you are looking at the 3-500 GBP mark. Such tests are not covered under the NHS so forget that :lol: . You are normally expected to take the medical within 90 days of notification by the visa office.

3. Passing the security clearance - you may be requested to submit a police clearance certificate from the UK.

4. Paying your landing fees - 975 CDN payable to the 'Receiver General for Canada". Your visa post may allow the payment in local currency.

You must land before the expiry date on your immigrant visa.

Other things to consider - review the job market in the occupation you intend to follow in Canada and brush up on your language skills if applicable (disclaimer - I am not saying your English is bad :wink: ).

Your Q is Can PR or HSMP better is best answered by you reviewing what you want in life and how this can be best achieved in either country. Both visas have a residence requirement and many who try to have both ending up losing out. You may wish to review historic posts on this by 'bellaUK' I believe.

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:44 pm

I had my medical done (albeit as a spouse) in central London and it cost £180, which included the x-rays and blood test (as well as sending the results by courier, I believe).