ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Oveseas currency

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katushal88
Newly Registered

Oveseas currency

Post by katushal88 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Hello,

according to the Tier 4 Guidanceб bank statement needs to be converted into pounds using OANDA website. Where shall I write the converted amount? Can I write it with pen right on bank statement next to the closing balance or do I need to print the page from OANDA website? Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 am

You provide the statement in whatever currency and they will loook at it and do the calculation themselves

asifbunny
Newly Registered

your Immigration Query

Post by asifbunny » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:20 am

Hi
the best option is to print the page for the day you are going to post your application from OANDA website.Try to take a colour print.As the exchange rate is not constant so it is better to print a page.

I am registered immigration adviser in UK and if you need any further help please feel free to contact me via email

masif_uk@hotmail.com

Regards

Asif

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:40 pm

If you are registered advisor you should already know that time and expense incurred in what you are suggesting is completely unnecessary. Regardless of whatever information the applicant provides to show the currency conversion at the time of applying, the ECA at the visa post will still be obliged to make the necessary checks using OANDA to cross-reference this with the date the application was made.

katushal88
Newly Registered

Post by katushal88 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Thank you. If my father is my sponsor, does he need to show any documents from his work? Or just bank statement is enough? Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:45 pm

Just statement