ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maternity Leave and Visa Expiry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shcumi
Newly Registered

Maternity Leave and Visa Expiry

Post by shcumi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Hello,

I am on a Tier 2 General visa and recently renewed it till 2016. My wife is on a tier 2 dependant visa, which expires on 29th oct 2013, she is currently in my home country and plans to travel back in Feb 2014, when I went to apply for the visa (as out of country application is treated as fresh visa and i am with her just now) i was told i can only apply for her visa 3 months before my travel date, but she is currently on maternity leave, if her visa expires, will her employer have to terminate her job? Or shall I change the travel dates?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Can someone please help?

Thanks

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:44 am

I'm not sure about terminating her job, the maximum would be not getting payed or payed part-time wage. till the issue date of the visa,
about out of country application timing I guess it's a guide line for but you still could apply late as you went but then you risk lose your flight if you didn't heard a response form the embassy