ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dubin 8
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Questions

Post by Dubin 8 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi every one !

I would like to know if my Irish citizenship application will be consider as complex case !

I came to Ireland in 2000 , I received deportation order in 2004 after my asylum seeker and resident application being refused, I was then undocumented person ,until 2009 when I have been granted 1 year resident (stamp 3) based on relation ship to an Irish citizen, later my partner and I got married and then I was granted 5years resident (stamp 4) I applied for Irish naturalisation on July 2013 and I received acknowledgement letter week later with reference number.

In my application I sent all the documents that I thought its necessary:

Divorce certificate with my previous wife
Irish marriage certificate with my current wife
My son birth certificate
College certificates since 2009 to present as full time student (3rd level)
4 of fine receipt (paid) from traffic offence (4 penalty point)

I look forward to hear from you.

Kind regards
Last edited by Dubin 8 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:18 pm

I think between the fact that you have adverse immigration history and that your current marriage is your second one, they will look at your application carefully.

If they wanted to they could refuse it based on either the immigration history or the traffic offenses.

The good news is that the current administration is much more lenient than any previous one in their decisions, so it is the best time for you to apply (a few years ago you would have had pretty much no chance as some people got refused for just one simple traffic offense).

It is difficult to predict what they will do, but I think you should not expect a quick processing time.

Dubin 8
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Questions

Post by Dubin 8 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Thank you jeupsy for you replay ,

That's mean my application will be consider as complex case?

If this is the case then I will not expect any response from them in about a year or two!

Is that correct ?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation Questions

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Dubin 8 wrote:Thank you jeupsy for you replay ,

That's mean my application will be consider as complex case?

If this is the case then I will not expect any response from them in about a year or two!

Is that correct ?
That is exactly correct. All @jeupsy said was spot on. I've read his posts closely and he seems to have learned a lot from me and others in regards to answering queries.

@Dublin 8, yes dont be surprise if you dont get a decision in 2 years time as your background history is considered complex, but due to backlogs being cleared and the administration being lenient, hope that you'll get a positive response in a year time. Best of luck
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Dubin 8
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Questions

Post by Dubin 8 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Thank you guys for the information,

regarding my immigration history the minister of justice has clearly mentioned on the letter that I had received from his department in 2009 that the deportation in my file has been revoked also the 4 penalty points that I had on my driving licence has been cleared and the offences have been paid. As my wife and son are Irish and we are settled in Ireland ,

Do you think all these factors will have a positive affect in my application

Regards

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation Questions

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Dubin 8 wrote:Thank you guys for the information,

regarding my immigration history the minister of justice has clearly mentioned on the letter that I had received from his department in 2009 that the deportation in my file has been revoked also the 4 penalty points that I had on my driving licence has been cleared and the offences have been paid. As my wife and son are Irish and we are settled in Ireland ,

Do you think all these factors will have a positive affect in my application

Regards
The Minister in his absolute discretion grants or refuse citizenship. If you have read clearly in the recent posts, you'll notice the word lenient. That is already something positive. However I dont think you'll be refused citizenship based on the road offenses and that of the immigration history that you've mentioned.
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Dubin 8
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Questions

Post by Dubin 8 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:45 am

Any way thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge with us, your help is much appreciate.

Kind regards,