ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for naturalis. for minor child - school letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

change2
Newly Registered

Application for naturalis. for minor child - school letter

Post by change2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi All,
I'm now preparing an aplication for naturalisation for my child, who was born in Ireland, lived here all his life, and now is in his 2nd class in a primary school. According to information on page 1 in Form 9, school letter should be enclosed to show that child attended school for 3 years, if not then one have to get a letter from Department of Social Protection confirming getting child benefits. I can get a letter from the school confirming 3 years, however on page 4 in the same form it is written that:

"Please supply a letter from each school that your minor child has attended while resident in the State from date of arrival to the date of this application showing enrolment dates and periods of attendance. If your child has attended school for less than 5 years please provide (a) a letter from the Department of Social Protection stating that you are in receipt of
Child Benefit..."
I'm a bit confused, is it 3 or 5 years??? I can get a letter from Department of Social Protection but it would be so much easier just to get a school letter confirming 3 years.

Please reply if you know which applies.

divinewill
Newly Registered

Post by divinewill » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 pm

from my own exprience
my daughter is in her senior infant but i sent her application with only letter from childbenefit, they(inis) sent out a letter back to me requestng for school letter,
my own advice is try to get both this will save you out of doubt