ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Outside UK Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mdsadiqm

Tier 1 Dependant Outside UK Query

Post by mdsadiqm » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:48 am

Hi,
I need some expert advice on my case before i decide anything on the application i am making for dependant visa.

My wife currently in india and was thinking if i apply her visa from india for extension which i know that it will only be entry clearance, would that mean for her to be eligible for ILR the 2 year period would began from the fresh entry clearance or the date she already had an entry clearance which is May 2012.

Secondly if have to ask my wife to come back before her visa expire i also need to make a fresh application for my daughter who is born in uk but currenly in india on Indian passport without any visa, my current visa expires on 6th Dec 2013, will this make any problem like my visa has to be at least 6 months valid before i apply for dependant visa ? or would it be ok as long as i apply within my date of expiry & at least 20 days before expiry?
In Hyd normally the visa will get stamped with in 7-8 working days.

& lastly, What is the current processing time for Tier-1 Extension application for Main applicant if applied through postal ?

Thanks
Sadiq

mdsadiqm

**Important**

Post by mdsadiqm » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Could you some one kindly respond to my post...

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Applying from India will not be a problem.
However, please remember if you apply dependants visa without extending yours, the expiry of the new visa will be 6th Dec 2013.
Also, there is some additional cost involved if the dependants apply separately from main applicant.
Ideally, you should apply for ur extension first... This take around 4-6 weeks...
Then apply ur child's visa from India ... Another 2 weeks...
Bring ur wife and child back to UK, apply extension for your wife.... Anytime before 6th Dec 2013....

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Can i apply fro my extension in september ? my visa is getting expired in Dec so 30 days before that will be Nov i was thinking.. is this not the case ?

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:34 pm

You can apply any time before expiry of your Visa.. Only concern is qualifying period for ILR... You need to make sure you are not failing short of 4 years 11 months period required for ILR, otherwise u will need another extension to cover up the gap period... that will be again a costly affair..

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:00 pm

@bubin123 thanks for your reply.

Can some one comment on current processing time if applied through postal for tier-1 general extension for main applicant.

Thanks
Sadiq

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:23 pm

it will cost you £375 more than postal if you apply in person at PEO.
Decision will be same day if you have straight forward case.

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:04 pm

thanks,

Could you guide me to a link at ukba where it says visa extension can be done well in advance as well. i am getting different sayings from different people.

Thanks

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:09 pm

mdsadiqm wrote:thanks,

Could you guide me to a link at ukba where it says visa extension can be done well in advance as well. i am getting different sayings from different people.

Thanks
Try Google mate if you don’t know how to search the forum :shock:

Here you go:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -to-apply/

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:19 pm

I was told by one of my friend that applying well advance for extension may result in visa been refused, because of being too early.

I would be happy to see comments from those people who applied for extension say more than 3 months & got visa either granted / denied.

if denied what would be the reason they going to say.
this is really urgent and help much appreciated.

Thanks
Sadiq

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:54 pm

I would really appreciate if some body respond to last post. Applying 2.5 months early may result in my application been refused ? how true is it.

Thanks
Sadiq