ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conflicting advice NCS/UKBA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran22
Member of Standing

Conflicting advice NCS/UKBA

Post by imran22 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 am

I called to book NCS appointment and the person in his instructions told me to write my name and date of birth at the back of the photograph and stick with glue on the reference page. He said that do not use the staple or pin. According to him this guideline is given to them in July.

Later in the evening I looked at the guide and it says staple or clip the photograph on the reference page which means UKBA probably want to take the photograph out of the reference page once they receive the application for something (is this possible)?

Who should I listen to now? Does anyone else hear this requirement lately?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 am

Well it would be pointless to put a name and DOB on the back of a photo and the glue it down wouldn't it?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:30 am

D4109125 wrote:Well it would be pointless to put a name and DOB on the back of a photo and the glue it down wouldn't it?
Well I was about to say the same to the operator but I stopped myself not to offend him.

I was about to ask what is the purpose of putting the name and date of birth at the back when UKBA will be unable to read it as the picture will be glued.

These services are there to make life easier. I wish they are consistent in their advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:35 am

I don't think it really matters if it's glued down, however, it really would be pointless to put the name and DOB on the back. I would just use a paperclip.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:38 am

That is true, for me NCS put name, date of birth on back of photograph and stuck it to form with glue stick, I was to ask him why put name and dob if its going to be stuck, but for some reason just didnt bother to. This is in July.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:57 pm

neoseal wrote:That is true, for me NCS put name, date of birth on back of photograph and stuck it to form with glue stick, I was to ask him why put name and dob if its going to be stuck, but for some reason just didnt bother to. This is in July.
Neoseal when you went for the appointment did you had it stapled to the sheet as per guidance?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:12 pm

No I used paper clip, and NCS took off the clips and stuck it. I don't think they want to separate photo from application. Unless they specifically need scan photos separately.

Cf_firefly
United Kingdom

Post by Cf_firefly » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:38 pm

same with me the lady from NCS put name, date of birth on back of photograph and stuck it to form with glue stick . I had initially stapled it .

This was on Aug 30th 2013 .

Tats

Post by Tats » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Supposing there are forms where the glue does not sufficiently hold the photos and they come off the form, how would the Home office know whose photo actually belong to which form?

Perhaps this is one of the key reasons why they request name and DOB on the back of the passport photograph