ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start date issue in the SMS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajek01

Start date issue in the SMS

Post by ajek01 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi Guys, I am switching from PSW to TIER 2 , my visa is expiring in October and my employer now wants to assign a COS now to me.

My question is what should be as the ‘start date’ in the SMS? I know the end date is 3 years or anything less form the start date.

The SOC help guide says below about the start date, does that mean the start date in the SMS has to be the following day of my PSW visa expiry:

“Start date:
This date cannot be in the past. If the migrant is already working for you and you are assigning the CoS so that they can apply to extend their leave, you must enter the start date as the day after the last day of leave given on their current visa.”

Any help will be appreciated

Ajek

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:25 pm

No - that wording is really about extensions. You can switch at any time prior to your visa expiring, a start can be entered accordingly.