ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year ILR application - entry/exit stamp missing in 2003!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Confused1684
Newly Registered

5 year ILR application - entry/exit stamp missing in 2003!

Post by Confused1684 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:50 pm

This is to do with my 5 years ILR application. My 5 year ILR is from 2008 to 2013.

I entered UK in 2002 for the first time. Then, in 2003 I went to USA as an Exchange student and returned to UK in 2004. However, I do not have any entry stamp on my passport showing the date of my return.
Set (O) section 7.11 states that if you have been outside for more then six months- please write Date arrived and Date returned. I donot have date arrived UK stamp on my passport...what should i do?

For 5 years ILR application, do I need to show the evidence for 2004 entry to UK? Also if I do not have entry stamp, air tickets/boarding pass, what are the other evidences I can show?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:20 am

7.11 applies only when you have more than 180 days leave in qualifying period. Your absence is outside of qualifying period you don't have to mention that.

Confused1684
Newly Registered

Post by Confused1684 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Thanks for your advise,

But I beleive it is related to personal history hence I hace to fill it when aoolyimg for ilr visa.

Plz correct me if I am wrong

Many thanks....any advise wekcome

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:13 am

I have the same issue. Most of my entry dates for the US are not stamped in my passport. I suppose since I am a US citizen, they do not bother with a stamp? It's the same for my dependents, and I'm not sure how to handle this since I did not keep copies of my travel tickets.

I'm hoping that since the total days out of the country are low (<90), then maybe they will be okay with it.

Confused1684
Newly Registered

Post by Confused1684 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Dear Lunakick,

Is your passport stamP when you arrived in UK?

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi confused,

Yes, it's stamped for entry to UK but not for entry to US. Some of these were for business so I'll just get my employer to verify the dates. I'm hoping that's enough, since I'm not one to keep boarding passes. I just worry about the holidays, but I suppose I was still on the payroll and never had unpaid leave so that should solve it, I think. What do you plan to do?

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:31 pm

The other thing is there is no UK exit stamp a lot of times, because I hate leaving through London, so I'm usually travelling via Amsterdam to US. So, there's that opportunity for a stamp gone! Frustrating!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:27 am

Confused1684 wrote:Dear All,

I am applying for 5 years ILR route.

But I have been in UK for last 9 years.

Application Form
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Set (O) Section 7.11 requires states -How long have you lived in UK ?

Set (O) Section 6.1 When did you (the main applicant)
first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

I am bit confused as for section 7.11 do I need to fill for entire 9 years or just for qualifying period of 5 years only?

Any advise greatly appreciated.

ayesha11 wrote:write the date when ho issue u wp .
i didnt write the previous years ,yes but i wrote in travel sec.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.