ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent on spouse naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ananthahari

Urgent on spouse naturalisation

Post by ananthahari » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi,

My naturalisation is approved recently. I would like to apply naturalisation for my wife (after the citizenship ceremony) under the 3 years residence requirements.

is the certificate issued in ceremony sufficient to prove myself as British citizen?

(or)

I have to wait till I get my British passport?

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:29 pm

You just need your certificate number. No need to send the original. Just photocopy the original and attach with the application.
This should give case worker the confidence to proceed with your spouse application. That is what I will be doing.

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:40 pm

adi_khaneng wrote:You just need your certificate number. No need to send the original. Just photocopy the original and attach with the application.
This should give case worker the confidence to proceed with your spouse application. That is what I will be doing.
Are sending by post/NCS?
if you are sending by post, then you have to send all originals.

Thanks for your reply.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Hari

I would be sending it by post. If you check the last page of the application UKBA haven't asked for the certificate. They are just asking the number of the certificate.

The only original documents they would require are...

Passport with BRP card
Marriage certificate
Life in the UK test result.

And the application form with the payment slip

I would be just attaching my Neutralisation certificate copy (not required though). Just in case.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Not mentioning the certificate on the last page of the application form is an error. It's mentioned in the guide. You can probably get away with just a copy (the caseworker could always check in their system) but the requirement is to provide originals (by post) or certified copies.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:27 am

Thanks Jambo for bringing this to attention. I have now read the guide and it does ask for Passport or Certificate.

My mistake. Sorry Guys :oops:

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:52 pm

adi_khaneng wrote:Thanks Jambo for bringing this to attention. I have now read the guide and it does ask for Passport or Certificate.

My mistake. Sorry Guys :oops:
Hi,

which form we have to use?
is it AN1?

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:31 pm

adi_khaneng,

Did you submit your spouse's naturalisation form? what is the status. I have posted it but little bit tensed as it was not cross checked by NCS?