ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent - NHS pregnancy treatment is Public fund ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sridhar_k
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent - NHS pregnancy treatment is Public fund ?

Post by sridhar_k » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:44 am

This is my first question to this forum. I'm writing this question only after I didn't find any latest information about my question(for
avoiding duplicate)

Subject:
----------

Need your kind clarification about using NHS pregnancy related treatment for a Tier 1 dependent ( Living less than 6 months in UK and not a tax payer):

Detailed Explanation:
--------------------------

I'm living and working in UK under Tier 1 general visa since early 2010 (having visa till Oct 2014).

Currently my wife is 5 weeks pregnant and had some initial level pregnancy checkup in NHS for fee. Yesterday she undergone another check up in a NHS nursing home. After that check up they asked my wife
how she is qualify for the free pregnancy treatment from NHS while she is not working in UK(not a tax payer) and she is
living in UK for less than six months.
She explained with doubt that she is in Tier 1 dependent visa not in visitor visa
so she is eligible for free NHS/Nursing home pregnancy treatment.

Afterwards the Nursing home people given a form to my wife for issuing pregnancy card, taking free prescription and free dental treatment and then they finally asked my wife to bring her and my passport/visa copies for verification when coming to next treatment.

After I got this information from wife now I'm bit confused whether my wife is really eligible for taking some costly treatments like scanning, regular prescription and (in case ) pregnancy delivery for free.

In short: Following are my doubt about taking pregnancy treatment from NHS:

1. Can an unemployed (not payed any tax) Tier 1 dependent and living in UK for less than 6 months is eligible for taking free NHS pregnancy treatment ?
(Pls note: Main applicant (Tier 1 general visa holder) is a regular tax payer and working in UK based company for last 4 year )

2. The same dependent can get the free prescription from NHS ?

3. The same dependent can get the free Dental treatment from NHS ?

4. The same dependent can get the free pregnancy delivery treatment from NHS ?

5. "No recourse to public funds" in the visa of the same dependent and main applicant is not applicable for pregnancy treatment ?

I would be very grateful if anyone in this forum having answers for my above questions. Hope the answers for these questions will be very useful for the people having same doubt like me.

Many Thanks,
Sridhar

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 pm

Answer of all your question is ... Yes...

spellish
BANNED

hi

Post by spellish » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:24 am

so , thats mean if someone's wife get pregnant they have to pay, ........

and wat about the GP or NHS charges which r free , r these things not come in public funds ????

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:36 am

bubin123 wrote:Answer of all your question is ... Yes...
Read this carefully Bubin123 said yes that means your wife is eligilbe for free NHS treatment.They doesn't come under public fund.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:21 pm

See also,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ealthcare/

Which states,
If you are a visitor to the UK or have temporary permission to live here (known as 'limited leave to remain'), you may be able to register with a GP in your area and receive free treatment. The GP can decide whether or not to register you. You may not be able to receive the full range of hospital treatment, because you must be a permanent resident or have lived here for a year to qualify for it. This applies even if you are a British citizen or have lived or worked here in the past.
There is no mention of dependents / partners though.