ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moved address after completing form an. What to do?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

w00tblah
Newly Registered

Moved address after completing form an. What to do?

Post by w00tblah » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker on the forum posting for the first time.

Knowing I was going to move, I didn't submit my completed form an right after I fill it out last month. (Completed the form prior to moving because referees are at the previous city.)

Now that my present address is different from the one on the form, I'm wondering whether I should attach a change of address letter to my form an?

I have thought about replacing section 1 and re-date&sign the last page. This option, however, is clearly not viable since my referees must check page 3 when they dated and signed my form.

Thanks.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Did your referee not know that you are moving? Lot of people inform change of address after submitting application hence referee knowing or not knowing doesn't matter.
Just change the relevant section in your application and inform the referees that you have moved. Just my opinion, see what others recommend.

w00tblah
Newly Registered

Post by w00tblah » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:01 pm

neoseal wrote:Did your referee not know that you are moving? Lot of people inform change of address after submitting application hence referee knowing or not knowing doesn't matter.
Just change the relevant section in your application and inform the referees that you have moved. Just my opinion, see what others recommend.
Thanks for replying.

My referees did know when they signed my form, but they were strictly instructed by the form and Guide AN to confirm my information on page 3, which included that old "present address".

If I were to simply print out page 3 and change the old "present address" to my current address, it would seem like my referees (signed&dated last month) had confirmed a future (indicated by move in date) address as "present address".

I hope my explanation is not too confusing.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:38 am

I understand what you are saying, however it is possible that you already know the address to where you are moving and hence filled the form accordingly so as not to send the address change letter. If the referees know that you have moved, then I don't see any problem. However if UKBA calls referee they just ask "For how long they have know you, how do they know you" .
"Knowing I was going to move, I didn't submit my completed form an right after I fill it out last month. (Completed the form prior to moving because referees are at the previous city.)"
Do you mean that you were eligible to apply last month before moving, but you didn't?

w00tblah
Newly Registered

Post by w00tblah » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:05 am

neoseal wrote: Do you mean that you were eligible to apply last month before moving, but you didn't?
Thanks for replying.

I have been eligible since July, but didn't apply right away because of this move.

vinny

Citizenship Ceremony at Another Council?

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:52 pm

w00tblah wrote:Hi all,

Today I received the approval letter and I have posted my timeline in the September 2013 thread.

Two things are very interesting and I would like some insights from seasoned veterans:

1. I have moved house during the process of my application, while the approval letter is sent to my new address, the designated local authority for ceremony is the one at my previous address. Should I just accept it as a fact of life and attend the ceremony at the previous council?

2. Invitation to ceremony is something which is frequently mentioned. However, the approval letter asked me to contact the council to arrange the ceremony. Is this normal?

Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:55 pm

See also Chapter 6 > Transfers within the UK > 6.11.22.9 & 6.11.22.10.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.