ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Un-married partner residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Un-married partner residence card

Post by WANRAWIN » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Travelled to wroclaw , poland this afternoon. They were not going to let me in... The reason was that there are no such a law in poland to classify un married partner as part of family... But because i was with my partner and children so they checked my sons birth registration in their system to make sure that i am really is the boys ' mother .... They said that residence card is only for GB not in poland.

Is un married partner in family member category?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Un-married partner residence card

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:12 pm

WANRAWIN wrote:Travelled to wroclaw , poland this afternoon. They were not going to let me in... The reason was that there are no such a law in poland to classify un married partner as part of family... But because i was with my partner and children so they checked my sons birth registration in their system to make sure that i am really is the boys ' mother .... They said that residence card is only for GB not in poland.

Is un married partner in family member category?

Polish immigration ... last time when i went to Poland with Wife together ( she is polish ) I had EEA2 resident card in my passport . First in the consulate they asked me to apply for Schengen Visa which i did.

Schengen Visa + EEA2 resident card + my wife was with me but they hold me for 15 minutes .. asking all sorts of question. Why i came here, How long i will stay. where i will stay
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Post by WANRAWIN » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:39 pm

It did confuse me a bit cos they state it clearly that if we are holding eea residence card we should be treat as part of the family isnt it... Also polish embassy had in their website that we do not need a visa to enter poland.... So i mean,,, what do we really need to show if we want to travel within eu country with our family?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Usually along with eea2RC if married then marriage certificate and if unmarried then few bills/statements with joint is sufficient. But the evidence you shown to polish authorities i think is more than enough. Always ask for supervisor/incharge and ask reasons in writing.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:33 pm

WANRAWIN wrote:It did confuse me a bit cos they state it clearly that if we are holding eea residence card we should be treat as part of the family isnt it... Also polish embassy had in their website that we do not need a visa to enter poland.... So i mean,,, what do we really need to show if we want to travel within eu country with our family?
i think it also depend on the Airport you been

for my case i think it was a small regional airport. I guess i was the only NON polish there
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021