ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xentrix66
Newly Registered

Proof of Earnings

Post by xentrix66 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:52 pm

I am struggling to figure out what required proof I am to submit for the proof of income over the last twelve months. The Working in the UK website says that I need to get "official confirmation from HMRC or the relevant country’s tax authorities of declared taxable income for the period concerned (e.g. a P60 or the overseas equivalent; or a variation of this issued by the relevant tax authorities.)"
What I am not sure about is in South Africa what is the equivalent to a P60?

I have received an IRP5 from my employer detailing my taxable income over the last twelve months. This document is to be submitted by June this year for my tax return. Only after June would I receive something back from SARS (South African Revenue Services).

I visited SARS today and they said I need to complete a form stating that I would be leaving the country in order for them to give me any letter, or what not? I don't want to do this because I have no idea if and when I will be leaving.

What I do I have and am able to submit now is my IRP5, payslips for the last twelve months, contracts from my employer and bank statements for the last twelve months.
Would this be sufficient?