ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Months to ILR while Appeal Pending

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mahfujul420
Newly Registered

5 Months to ILR while Appeal Pending

Post by mahfujul420 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:31 pm

I have been in the UK from March 2004 to June 2011 as a tier 4 student and from June 2011 to June 2013 on PSW. After expiring my PSW in June 2013, I applied for further leave to remain as a Tier-4 student, although my application has been refused. The Home Office refused me on the ground that I have already spent more than 6 years on or above level-6 in the UK. So, I have appealed against that decision intending to continue my legal residency 4 more months, so that I can apply for ILR. Now I am confused whether I would actually be able to vary my appeal to ILR or not (if the appeal become pending). I am not sure what should I do. I expect advice from senior members/guru or someone who has already gone through similar situation.
Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:59 pm

See the Guidance (click) as page 25:
A person may complete 10 years continuous lawful residence whilst they are awaiting the
outcome of an appeal and submit an application on this basis. Under sections 3C and 3D, it
is not possible to submit a new application while an appeal is outstanding. However, the
applicant can submit further grounds to be considered at appeal.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

red scorpion
Newly Registered

Post by red scorpion » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:51 am

D4109125 wrote:See the Guidance (click) as page 25:
A person may complete 10 years continuous lawful residence whilst they are awaiting the
outcome of an appeal and submit an application on this basis. Under sections 3C and 3D, it
is not possible to submit a new application while an appeal is outstanding. However, the
applicant can submit further grounds to be considered at appeal.
what if the appeal is not allowed by judge but 10 years period is completed at the time of court decision.can he apply for ILR?