ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 yr long residence ILR and dependant visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adnan2003
Newly Registered

10 yr long residence ILR and dependant visa

Post by Adnan2003 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Dear all,
I am going to apply for my ILR on the basis of 10 yr on 10 sep 2013 and I am currently on tier 2 general and my wife is on dependant visa under the tier 2 category joined me in 08-2010. I will apply my wife,s extension under FLR (M). My query is will my wife time spent on teir 2 dependant visa will count after spending 2 yr extension on FLR (m) as there is slight confusion after the change of rules in July 2012 where dependant have to spent 5 year . Can anybody guide me plz?

My wife= 3 year ( tier 2 dependant) + 2 yr (FLR M after 9 jul 2013) , will this qualify for ILR ?
Kind regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:42 pm

At the moment she should be eligible for settlement once granted FLR(M) by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d). Subject to meeting the requirements which will include the new English requirement at the time she applies for settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Adnan2003
Newly Registered

Post by Adnan2003 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks D4109125. Can you plz guide me can i
send flrm of my wifenwith my long residency application together,
Kind regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 pm

I believe they go to different po box addresses although, both will be going to Durham. You should send the to the addresses shown, include a cover letter with flr(m) asking for a decision to be made after set(lr). If the dep visa will not expire, then perhaps send set(lr) and once yu receive the acknowledgment letter, send flr(m) with the reference number so they can be easily linked.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 am

I am going to send my SET (LR) application and wife FLR(M) application to Home office at same time. Each application has different address though same city.

I am not sure either send FLR(M) form along with my SET(LR) form or post it separately to the address mentioned on the application???
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Post FLR(M) form with SET (LR) or to the address mentioned on the application form???? Urgent
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

Alexander12
Newly Registered

Post by Alexander12 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:50 pm

I am nearly on the same boat. my Tier 1 expires in Dec2013 (so do my wife's). I have sent my application on 30th Sep and received Acknowledemet today (09/oct). I will include my application reference on my wife's FLR M which I am thinking about posting in a month.

FLR M should be sent separately as clearly mentioned by Amber. but if you don't have enough days to receive the acknowledgement, then send your details (name/dob/passport no/ ect) with her application and mentioned that u have applied for ILR on xyz date and to hold her application until a decision is made on yours.

hope thats clear enough!!
A