ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Oanda exchange rate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xiaoqiaodan

Oanda exchange rate

Post by xiaoqiaodan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi guys,

Could someone give me advice on the correct way to convert foreign money to GBP.

I am needing to convert Chinese RMB in to GBP, do I need the 0.xxxx value or the 9.xx value.

On the site it clearly says "Currency I have" and “currency I want"

Am i right in assuming I use RMB for the former and GBP for the latter?

It seems right but just want to make sure....and that the value i need to use is a 0.xxxx value

Cheers

xiaoqiaodan

Post by xiaoqiaodan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Oh and also,

They use the closing exchange rate for the date of your application which is the time you pay online....what date do they use? The Chinese Local time I pay, or the equivalent UK time? As its 7 hours different, i could pay at 1am here and that would be 6pm in the UK...or do they use UTC?

ARGHHHH.

The only reason I want to know is so that I can put the right figures in appendix 2 of the spouse visa application form and the current exchange rate is making my income realy close to the 18600