ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is NCS supposed to photocopy every page of old passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

w00tblah
Newly Registered

Is NCS supposed to photocopy every page of old passport?

Post by w00tblah » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi all, just had my NCS appointment today. It occurred to me the pile of documents going into the envelope seemed too thin to have every page of my old passport photocopies in it.

Is NCS supposed to photocopy every page of the old passport? Also, did they let you to check what goes into the envelope after returning the originals to you?

Thanks.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:02 pm

I think all pages of passport has to be photocopied, however they may only copy the pages with stamps and leave the blank ones.

Now that you have raised the point, for us (2 adults, 1 child) with 2 expired passport and 3 current passport, I did imagine that the pile of docs seemed thin, because it will be atleast 15 pages for each passport, and the pile for our docs didnt seem to be that high as to if we were to copy all pages of passport.

Good observation. They probably know better.

w00tblah
Newly Registered

Post by w00tblah » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:21 pm

neoseal wrote:I think all pages of passport has to be photocopied, however they may only copy the pages with stamps and leave the blank ones.

Now that you have raised the point, for us (2 adults, 1 child) with 2 expired passport and 3 current passport, I did imagine that the pile of docs seemed thin, because it will be atleast 15 pages for each passport, and the pile for our docs didnt seem to be that high as to if we were to copy all pages of passport.

Good observation. They probably know better.
Thanks for replying. So I imagine they didn't let you check final content of the envelope either?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:57 am

They only copy relevant pages.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.