ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS Treatment.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RedKite2010
Newly Registered

NHS Treatment.

Post by RedKite2010 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi. I was just wandering if it was possible for a LEGAL Immigrant (visitor) to receive treatment on the NHS or do they have to pay for it.?

The thing is my girlfriend had to have some treatment earlier this year and is due for a check up in October.

She is currently in her home country and is planning on visiting me very soon in September/October and will be staying in the UK for several months.

I was wandering if she had the check up in the UK, or further treatment was required then would she have to pay for it?

She has a job in her country + medical insurance + savings.
So it is not a question of travelling to the UK specifically for medical treatment but if medical treatment is required then would she have to pay for it?

Thanks.
K

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:13 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.