ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent query please reply

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adii75
Newly Registered

urgent query please reply

Post by adii75 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:23 am

2124 Electronics Engineers

test, diagnoses faults and undertake repair of electronic equipment.

Related Job Title

Electronics Engineer(professional)

i am a graduate electrical and electronics engineer and under the above SOC code 2124 i am planning to start a service center for repairing electronic equipments. The main thing which i am confused about is the related job title which say professional does it mean that i require some other certificate apart from my graduation degree as well? or is it good for me to carry on with this business idea?
Is there any other issue i need to look in to? i will highly appreciate your sincere advice. Thanks in advance

TSAZ

Re: urgent query please reply

Post by TSAZ » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:05 am

adii75 wrote:2124 Electronics Engineers

test, diagnoses faults and undertake repair of electronic equipment.

Related Job Title

Electronics Engineer(professional)

i am a graduate electrical and electronics engineer and under the above SOC code 2124 i am planning to start a service center for repairing electronic equipments. The main thing which i am confused about is the related job title which say professional does it mean that i require some other certificate apart from my graduation degree as well? or is it good for me to carry on with this business idea?
Is there any other issue i need to look in to? i will highly appreciate your sincere advice. Thanks in advance
Hi
I am electronics engineer as well.using soc code(2124) for repair of electronics equipments,like laptop,mobiles,printers etc is bit confusing as job title does not match it,althoug last point of job example can fit in it.
honestly speaking many areas soc codes are not clear,so you have to verycareful when mentioning soc code.
you can use 2139 and 3131 and also 2124.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:42 am

I am planning to start my own mobile phone repairing business. But I have been advised that mobile and laptop repairing is below level 4. And as such there are chances of rejection. What do you say guys? Any comments?

TSAZ

Post by TSAZ » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Entrepreneur9 wrote:I am planning to start my own mobile phone repairing business. But I have been advised that mobile and laptop repairing is below level 4. And as such there are chances of rejection. What do you say guys? Any comments?
Hi,
Entrepreneur9 your question is million pounds worth and yet to be clear.
there is alot gray area between nvq levels.
I personaly suggest you not to mention mobile repiring bussiness,as repairing mobile is a technician job and its at level 3.
please keep in your mind that you will get your visa upon the nature of bussiness and at the same time your job role within the company and both should be at or above nqv level4. May be you can do it after geting your visa,but not for your application.

:) :) :) :) :)

desibabu

Post by desibabu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:27 am

Its below level 4...you have to do some special service such as in get contracts from major suppliers for innovative service which will be considered as Level 4..

Ex- Apart from repairing you are adding some specific technology/software which will avoid from the equipment being mis used.

So u demonstrate saying that you are not only repairing them but giving extra feature. You will design, develop and implement which will be level 4.
Entrepreneur9 wrote:I am planning to start my own mobile phone repairing business. But I have been advised that mobile and laptop repairing is below level 4. And as such there are chances of rejection. What do you say guys? Any comments?