ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from Employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zap2deeps
Newly Registered

Letter from Employer

Post by zap2deeps » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:25 pm

I am working in the UK under work permit for the past one year. I want to switch the company I work for, and hence I have decided to apply for HSMP.

In order to claim points for previous earnings, I need a letter from my employer. However I cannot ask them directly because that would be taken as sign to change companies. What would be an appropriate excuse?

Say I ask my employers with the excuse that I need a loan or something. The letter would not be addressed to the Home Office. Do they accept this? Has anybody applied like this and got an HSMP approval?

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:45 pm

yes take it for some reason loan etc and will be definitely accepted, go for it.

zap2deeps
Newly Registered

Post by zap2deeps » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:48 pm

Have you applied for it that way?

Did you get the letter with each of previous months salary stated seperately or just a letter telling the aggregate gross salary for the previous year?

nouna

Post by nouna » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:43 am

My husband provided a statement of earnings from his employer addressed to whom it may concern. It had the monthly income (gross and net) for each month as well as the total for the 12-month period. His HSMP application was approved. Hope this helps. Good luck.

zap2deeps
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by zap2deeps » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:59 pm

Thank you Nouna. Any more cases would be much appreciated.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi,

The letter doesnt need to be addressed to HO, u can ask ur company's HR to even address it to urself since the letter will probably be sent to ur home address.

Ho doesnt care about if its states the letter is address to them or not, the important thing is the content of the letter which shud state how much u've earned for the period u are claimin for and also to mention how much u earn yearly, which is wot i submitted for mine in feb wen i got approval and just got EC today.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:13 pm

Hi,

The letter doesnt need to be addressed to HO, u can ask ur company's HR to even address it to urself since the letter will probably be sent to ur home address.

Ho doesnt care about if its states the letter is address to them or not, the important thing is the content of the letter which shud state how much u've earned for the period u are claimin for and also to mention how much u earn yearly, which is wot i submitted for mine in feb wen i got approval and just got EC today.

zap2deeps
Newly Registered

Post by zap2deeps » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:25 am

Thank you skilachi

vc

Post by vc » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:27 pm

....And make sure the letter looks original so that they don't have to call your employer for verification. I had the same worry coz I had sent them names of key contacts they could call to verify - glad they didn't!