ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Charge For Payment - Naturalisation - Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mevinsh
Newly Registered

Charge For Payment - Naturalisation - Good Character

Post by mevinsh » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Everyone
Request for someone to advise on a query I have regarding a "Charge For Payment" issued against me.
More details on it are as follows:

I usually pay my council tax through my credit card on monthly installments and last year during November while I was out of country I received Council Tax reminder letters about some outstanding arrears. When I returned back I believed these letters were sent to me in error as I believed I had paid all outstanding council tax. But after a month I received a letter from a company called Scott Co (Messenger in arms) asking me to pay up outstanding amount on Council tax as a summary warrant was issued against me in Sheriff Court. On the same day I called up council tax office to understand what outstanding amount was due and to avoid any issues I paid through my credit card on the same day. The council tax office had advised that they shall communicate to the other company and resolve the matter. But 7 days later I receied a "Charge For Payment" notice telling me my acount was frozen etc (although I did not receive any intimation from my bank). To be honest I am not sure whether this company that was sending me these letters is council office/some court or other. Now I called up the Council tax office again and inquired about the Charge For Payment and they confirmed that there was some mistake on their part and they would sort it out. I did not receied any more communication from eitehr council office or the other company after that in this matter.

Now my query is - if anyone is aware what this Charge For Payment notice is and if it has any negative impact on my application. I have no idea if this is some penalty, conviction, whether this needs to be declared in my application form.

I would greatly appreciate all your feedback/advise on this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:09 am

You need to establish whether a liability order was granted against you by the magistrates.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mevinsh
Newly Registered

Post by mevinsh » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:19 am

D4109125 wrote:You need to establish whether a liability order was granted against you by the magistrates.
Please can you advise where/how can I check this? What are the implications of a liability order please for my application

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:26 am

Ring the local magistrates court/council and ask them.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.