ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence we live together

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xiaoqiaodan

Evidence we live together

Post by xiaoqiaodan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi guys,

Applying for spouse visa this week. We have been living together for nearly 2 years and have 2 tenancy agreements in both our names, signed by the landlord.

Our utility bills come in the landlords name, he pays them and then I pay him a lump sum for all utilities at the end of the contract.

My question is, will the tenancy agreements be enough to show we have lived together??

we will obviously explain the above and show bank statements where I paid the bills to him....

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:40 pm

No it will not, but if you have it and can produce a different number of documents in each names at this address may help

Does not need to be utility bills.Can be other official docs :wink:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Trawling through your previous posts you appear to have been living together outside of the UK. Are you applying for a spouse entry visa?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#819451

xiaoqiaodan

Post by xiaoqiaodan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Yes

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:40 am

In which case you don't need to submit evidence of co-habitation for the previous 2 years. You do however, have to provide proof of a genuine relationship.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:41 am

In which case you don't need to submit evidence of co-habitation for the previous 2 years. You do however, have to provide proof of a genuine relationship.

xiaoqiaodan

Post by xiaoqiaodan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:55 am

So living together is not really relevant until FLR stage? That would make sense because there are people I know who have been living separately (one in the UK and one in China) so they will have more to prove to show that they are genuine...we have a contract and some letters with our address on to prove that we have been living together, so we should be OK. We have plenty of proof we are genuine...