ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A bit confused with SOL for Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

A bit confused with SOL for Tier 2 General

Post by VirtualWaver » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi guys,

I am working as a 2nd line IT Systems Analyst for an IT company. My duties include working with client companies, implement and maintain their IT infrastructure, eliminate their IT problems and provide solutions, starting from simple tasks and finishing with complex enterprise-level applications and hardware. My position also does require Russian language skills and strong knowledge of different hardware, OS and applications.

My current salary is 25K per year for working 37.5 hours per week and I am on PSW visa.

I am a bit confused matching my occupation with SOL.

The one that duty-wise comes somehow closer to what I do is 3131, but it is only NQF Level 4 and salary range is from 16.900 to 21.400 which is a way lower than my salary.

The next one that again comes somehow closer duty-wise is 3132, but it is NQF Level 3 and salary is also much lower - 17,000 - 22,100.

The one that fits salary-wise and job title-wise is 2135, but job duties are not exactly the same what I do.

I didn't find anything else that can be a potential match. Really confused with this.

Can someone shed some light on this? Maybe there is another SOC number I miss that matches my role? Thanks a lot in advance!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:07 am

firstly u need to look for a job that is on NVQ 6, as that is the only job occupation u can have to switch to teir 2. All other occupations application will be rejected.

once u have found a nvq 6 job, then u need to find the most closest job description.

having said all that, assigning a code is the respnsibilty of the empoyer and not yours.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:31 am

iworker wrote:firstly u need to look for a job that is on NVQ 6, as that is the only job occupation u can have to switch to teir 2. All other occupations application will be rejected.

once u have found a nvq 6 job, then u need to find the most closest job description.

having said all that, assigning a code is the respnsibilty of the empoyer and not yours.
Thanks for answer.

Yes I know that that is why I am asking, because I am confused and don't know to which SOC my occupation applies to. From my salary and job I do it should be in NQF Level 6, but I cannot find it.

So my request is to help me to identify the right SOC for my occupation. Thanks.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Anyone? :)

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:34 pm

As the first answer says, you need to find your job first then your salary must be at least the amount shown on the description.
the second part, regarding which job description applies on your current role, I'm in the same problem I can't find role as Software Developer while it could be internet developer or Programmer but the job description a bit different from what I'm actually doing

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:39 pm

what about 2133 ?? any closer ?

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:06 pm

maxoizs wrote:what about 2133 ?? any closer ?
Thanks mate. Nope, I am not a manager - this one says "manager". It's so confusing, I am sure they are doing this to have a good reason to decline any application!

What about 2136 for your case?

Any more ideas guys?

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Sorry for late reply
---
from my experience which I didn't get the visa yet(still processing )
the code and the job description it's something between you and your manager as my manager agreed on 2136 for me.
for uKBA they need my salary to be over the minimum of 2136
so if your manager happy to be a manager that's fine UKBA only care about the minimum salary