ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Important: 90 day bank statement rule 200k category

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverdelt
Newly Registered

Important: 90 day bank statement rule 200k category

Post by silverdelt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:38 am

For the 200k category, I understand that the requirement for the bank statement is for the funds to be shown over 3 month period. My question to the folks here is:

I am applying with my father as entrepreneur team. My father already has 200k (some of which is mine) in his overseas UK bank account. We will open a joint account locally and transfer all the funds from UK into our local joint account for visa application.

Can we show his UK bank statement last 3 months and along with our new joint account statement which will now have all the 200k transferred from UK? Can it be shown that it is the same funds and that even though they were in my team members account for past 1 year we have now put them in a new joint account? Would it satisfy the 3 month rule?

OR...we will have to wait another 3 months for the funds to be present in our new local joint account before we apply?

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Re: Important: 90 day bank statement rule 200k category

Post by MTZ510 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:06 am

silverdelt wrote:For the 200k category, I understand that the requirement for the bank statement is for the funds to be shown over 3 month period. My question to the folks here is:

I am applying with my father as entrepreneur team. My father already has 200k (some of which is mine) in his overseas UK bank account. We will open a joint account locally and transfer all the funds from UK into our local joint account for visa application.

Can we show his UK bank statement last 3 months and along with our new joint account statement which will now have all the 200k transferred from UK? Can it be shown that it is the same funds and that even though they were in my team members account for past 1 year we have now put them in a new joint account? Would it satisfy the 3 month rule?

OR...we will have to wait another 3 months for the funds to be present in our new local joint account before we apply?
90 days requirement is only for maintainance funds not for investment funds.

silverdelt
Newly Registered

Post by silverdelt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks for the clarification...this is what happens when you don't read the instructions properly :wink:

adi786

Post by adi786 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:32 pm

HI
Only submit those account details which is holding fund at the current time. cos if you make complicated application it will affect your case
keep it simple and easy

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:00 pm

silverdelt wrote:For the 200k category, I understand that the requirement for the bank statement is for the funds to be shown over 3 month period. My question to the folks here is:

There is no as such rules which requires an entrepreneur applicant to hold investment funds for 90 days.This is what you have wrongly either interpreted or understood.Once you have obtained you bank statement/letter from the bank authority,that is valid to present within 3 months from the date you obtained it.

And I believe you presumed 90days consecutive funds as for investment funds instead maintenance funds.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

silverdelt
Newly Registered

Post by silverdelt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:54 am

Many thanks for all the clarifications - it was wrongly read by my father and I should have double-checked the policy guide to make sure what he was telling me was right. Lesson learnt!
:)