ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help to fill a family visitor application form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azikseyidov
Newly Registered

Need help to fill a family visitor application form

Post by azikseyidov » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:53 pm

I and my wife are planning to invite her parents to visit us for 3 weeks in UK. They live in Azerbaijan.
Our situation: I’m a British citizen and in full-employment. My wife is on spouse visa in the UK and she is part-time employed .We are renting a 2 bedroom house. And we have a 15 months old son.
My parents-in-law situation: My father-in-law is self-employed and he is a builder. He does only private jobs and there’s no proof of his income i.e. any invoices, not registered as self-employed. This is normal situation in Azerbaijan. But, he’s got savings in his bank account. My mother-in-law is not employed and she is housewife. Basically, she fully depends on her husband income. They have a 2 bedroom flat on their name and they have a 23 years old son who is living with them.
I will sponsor their visit in UK and provide an accommodation, food and any expenses which will occur during their stay in UK. Also I will pay for the air tickets as well.
I’m trying to fill the application form for family visitor (VAF1B) and straggling with questions in Part 5 of the application.
In case of my mother-in-law, I have difficulty to answer the questions in Part 5?

Q: What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax?
She is not working. So, shall I just leave the box empty?

Q: Do you receive income from any other sources, including friends or family?
She is fully depends on her husband & son’s income.

Q: Do you have savings, property or other income (for example from stocks and shares)?
She doesn’t have any savings or bank account. Only the family flat is on her name.

Q: How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
Again, she doesn’t have any income of herself and depending on her husband income. Shall leave the box empty?

Q: How much do you spend each month on living costs?
This varies from month to month. Is it OK to put average expenditure?

Q: What money is available to you for your trip?
She travels with her husband and he will be showing the money available for the trip.

Q: Who will pay for your travel to the UK?
I will pay for the air tickets. Shall I just write “son-in-law”?

Q: Who will pay for your expenses such as accommodation and food?
They will stay with us and I will pay for expenses. Can I just say again “son-in-law”?

Q: If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you?
This is a bit a confusing question. Since I will provide a sponsorship for accommodation, food and any expenses occur during their stay. What shall I put here? Is it rough amount or needs to be precise?

Q: What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the UK?
Again, I’m not sure what to write here.

I would appreciate any of yours help.
Thank you.
Aziz

batleykhan

Re: Need help to fill a family visitor application form

Post by batleykhan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:30 pm

azikseyidov wrote:I and my wife are planning to invite her parents to visit us for 3 weeks in UK. They live in Azerbaijan.
Our situation: I’m a British citizen and in full-employment. My wife is on spouse visa in the UK and she is part-time employed .We are renting a 2 bedroom house. And we have a 15 months old son.
My parents-in-law situation: My father-in-law is self-employed and he is a builder. He does only private jobs and there’s no proof of his income i.e. any invoices, not registered as self-employed. This is normal situation in Azerbaijan. But, he’s got savings in his bank account. My mother-in-law is not employed and she is housewife. Basically, she fully depends on her husband income. They have a 2 bedroom flat on their name and they have a 23 years old son who is living with them.
I will sponsor their visit in UK and provide an accommodation, food and any expenses which will occur during their stay in UK. Also I will pay for the air tickets as well.
I’m trying to fill the application form for family visitor (VAF1B) and straggling with questions in Part 5 of the application.
In case of my mother-in-law, I have difficulty to answer the questions in Part 5?

Q: What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax?
She is not working. So, shall I just leave the box empty?

Write she is a housewife and does not work

Q: Do you receive income from any other sources, including friends or family?
She is fully depends on her husband & son’s income.

Write the above if that is the case

Q: Do you have savings, property or other income (for example from stocks and shares)?
She doesn’t have any savings or bank account. Only the family flat is on her name.

Say no savings or bank account as that is in husbands name

Q: How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
Again, she doesn’t have any income of herself and depending on her husband income. Shall leave the box empty?

Nil

Q: How much do you spend each month on living costs?
This varies from month to month. Is it OK to put average expenditure?

Yes what ever the average living cost is in that country

Q: What money is available to you for your trip?
She travels with her husband and he will be showing the money available for the trip.

State how much this will be and what it will be used for

Q: Who will pay for your travel to the UK?

I will pay for the air tickets. Shall I just write “son-in-law”?

Yes son in law

Q: Who will pay for your expenses such as accommodation and food?
They will stay with us and I will pay for expenses. Can I just say again “son-in-law”?

Yes

Q: If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you?

This is a bit a confusing question. Since I will provide a sponsorship for accommodation, food and any expenses occur during their stay. What shall I put here? Is it rough amount or needs to be precise?

yes put an average amount that you may need for her during her stay

Q: What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the UK?
Again, I’m not sure what to write here.

That will depend on how long she is staying here in Uk.but about £2k should be enough

I would appreciate any of yours help.
Thank you.
Aziz

azikseyidov
Newly Registered

Post by azikseyidov » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Thank you for your help.
If you don't mind me asking for one more help. I'm trying to gather all the necessary supporting documents as sponsor for the visit. Here's what I've so far:

Copy of my Passport
6 month bank statements
6 month payslips
rental agreement and landlord's letter of no objection
council tax bills
sponsorship/invitation letter

Is this enough or there anything important I forgot?
Lastly, do I have to send my wife's documents as well?

Thank you in advance.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Your parents-in-laws need to show stronger ties with home country (Azerbaijan). To do so, your father in law can show his savings, property he owns, any other investments he may have in Azerbaijan.

azikseyidov
Newly Registered

Post by azikseyidov » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi,

I know, that is the most challenging part, because all he has got a house on his name and some money in bank account. So, I don't know what else we can provide to proof his ties to the country. But, I'll try to write cover letter to persuade the British embassy that their visit is genuine and that they will return back.
Let's hope everything will be fine.

Does anyone knows if it is worth to include my wife's payslips and bank statements just to show that we have enough funds for the visitors?

Thank you.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:17 am

Father in law owning home and having some money in bank account is good. It will definitely help.

If your income is sufficient to support then no need to include her. If you are in doubt, then do include her payslips.

9 out of 10 times, family visitor visa are approved, without any hassle.

Best of luck.

azikseyidov
Newly Registered

Post by azikseyidov » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am

Hi,

Thank you for the positive reply and you are truly the Sage :)
Take care.

Best Regards,
Aziz

azikseyidov
Newly Registered

Hello everyobdy!

Post by azikseyidov » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Me and my wife have finally managed to book a visa appointment for my parents-in-law and now I'm trying to write the invitation letter for them.
In visa application we stated that the main purpose is to visit the daughter and further in application we mentioned other family members (me & my son) as well.

I've drafted the invitation letter as follow:
Dear Sirs,

Re: Mr Applicant’s Name (DOB: 00.00.0000 – Nat: Nationality)
Mrs Applicant’s Name (DOB: 00.00.0000 – Nat: Nationality)

I,(my name) am a British citizen and my date of birth is 01 January 1990. I am an IT Manager by profession and I am currently employed by …. ..Limited.

I write this letter in support of the visa applications of my in-laws, Mr (applicants’ name) and Mrs (applicant’s name), who currently reside in (country name). This is to confirm that I have invited them to come to the United Kingdom to visit me, my wife and our son. They plan to come in October 2013 and they plan to stay for around 3 weeks.

I confirm that I am able to and will maintain and accommodate them adequately throughout their stay in the United Kingdom without recourse to public funds. I further confirm that I will also meet the cost of their journey to and from the United Kingdom. Please note also that they, too, have their own funds available to them in their bank account.

I enclose herewith a copy of the biometric page of my passport, a copy of visa page of my wife passport, a copy of our son’s passport, proof of address (rental agreement), letter of no objection from landlord, and 6 months bank statements from me and my wife together with our pay slips.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

(My name and signature)

The question is :

Is it enough to have this letter just from me or I should include my wife's name as well as sponsor?
Does this letter have to be from both us?
Thank you for your advice.
Aziz