ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - unemployed for 6 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itsprithvi
Newly Registered

ILR - unemployed for 6 months

Post by itsprithvi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:02 am

Iam about to submit my ILR application at PEO in 2 weeks time. Im currently on Tier 1 (general) and have 2 dependants. I manage to show enough earning from 10 months of my first 15 month qualifying period. I have around £4,500 in my bank but this includes fees (3752) for application.

Questions:
Since im not economically active for recent 6 months (which is quite a long period) affect the decision ??

Would showing 6 month job interviews and applications be enough??

My wife is working full time. Would this be helpful to show as getting support from wife?? Iam worried that UKBA might think i am already relied upon other for living and might claim public fund.

Any response will be greatly helpful. Thanks

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 am

As long you can claim required points, you are good to go for ILR. We all know, there is no fund maintenance requirement for ILR application.

However, its good to show income from wife. SET (O) forms has a section where it asks how much you and your wife earn each month. There, you should anyway mention her monthly income. Its good to enclose last three payslips and bank statement of her. If she has been employed for long time then one or two P60s of her to demonstrate she has been in a stable job.

Hope this helps.

itsprithvi
Newly Registered

Post by itsprithvi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:50 am

Thanks Rajesh for your advise. I will do that.

Do you know which section on SET O it asks how much you and your wife earn each month? Im just missing it. Thanks

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Section 5.6

itsprithvi
Newly Registered

Post by itsprithvi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks

kapilc
Newly Registered

Post by kapilc » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi, please can you provide an update after your ILR appointment. I am in a similar situation and really hope that your application is successfull. All the best!

itsprithvi
Newly Registered

Post by itsprithvi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi,

I got my ILR approved from Solihull PEO today.

The below are two key things i did in my application for unemployment:

1. After careful consideration, i did not fill 5.6. Reason being application mentions explicitly "If you are unable to meet the appropriate rate of pay because you are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave
you should answer questions 5.6, 5.7 and 5.8. If this does not apply to you, please go to section 6."

2. I included a one page cover letter and also put this on secion 8B aswell. Here is the cover letter for your ref:

The UK Border Agency
SET (O)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

26 September 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Cover letter explaining additional documents provided.

I am currently living in the UK and have a valid Tier 1 (General) visa. I would like to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain visa along with my wife and my son.

I am currently not working as i am without Job contract. Iam actively looking for jobs in United Kingdom and i am hopeful to get a job soon. I have enclosed the below documents for your kind consideration:

- Proof of my job search, interviews and applications made.
- HMRC letter confirming my past 5 year work history.

Supporting myself at this time:

My wife Mrs.XXX is in a stable job earning £XXX per annum as XXX. As such, we are able to support ourselves and our son whilst I am looking for job.

We have enclosed the below additional documents of my wife Mrs. XXX for your kind consideration:

- Past one year personal bank statement.
- Current employer letter
- Job contract document
- Recent Payslip (1 payslip for month aug)

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or require any further information, please contact me.

Yours faithfully,

3. Also, I found this thread very useful: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=75605

Good luck with your application.

talkwithnivas
Newly Registered

ILR application - currently looking for another contract

Post by talkwithnivas » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:29 pm

Hello,

I have booked PEO appoint at Croydon next Wednesday.
I worked with a Bank in permenant job till Jan 2013. Then took a contract job which is finished in August. Now looking for another opportunity.

need your help to clarify/confirm the following:

1. Currently I am looking for a job. Giving interviews. Is that a problem to apply for ILR?

2. During the last 15months: I was in permenant job from July12-Jan13. Contract job: Jan13-Aug13. To simplify my ILR application, I was planning to show payslips from permenant job. Will there be any issue of not showing full 12months earnings? I am of the opinion that as long as earning requirements are met, it will be alright to show any period less tha or equal to 12 months from the last 15months

3. I am not keeping any maintenance funds in my account. believe it is not a requirement.

I am anxious and worried whether any of the above would threaten my application.

Thanks
Srinivas

itsprithvi
Newly Registered

Post by itsprithvi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:47 pm

1) It is not at all a problem whether you are employed or not at the time of application.

2) You are correct with regards to earnings and points calimed. However, they would see whether you have been economically active recently upto last three months. So you need to present last three month bank statement.

3) Yes, maintenance fund is not required.

Since you were employed (with contract) till last month i.e, august, I assume you would have withdrawn salary for august. Your personal bank statement will show active incomes. CW should be happy as it proves you have been economically active in the recent three months.

If I were in your position, I will withdraw a salary from the ltd company for Sep month aswell on Sep 30th. So I wouldn’t consider myself as unemployed.

This is just my personal perspective. Good luck with your appointment and do let us know how did it go.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application - currently looking for another contract

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:22 pm

There is nothing to worry about in your case. Either you choose income from Perm or Contract or both, all is your choice. Its all fine as long you earn required points.

1. No. A contractor is not supposed to be employed all the time.
2. Answered above
3. No maintenance funds requirement for ILR

You will get ILR without any letter and extra document with regards to above 3 questions.
talkwithnivas wrote:Hello,

I have booked PEO appoint at Croydon next Wednesday.
I worked with a Bank in permenant job till Jan 2013. Then took a contract job which is finished in August. Now looking for another opportunity.

need your help to clarify/confirm the following:

1. Currently I am looking for a job. Giving interviews. Is that a problem to apply for ILR?

2. During the last 15months: I was in permenant job from July12-Jan13. Contract job: Jan13-Aug13. To simplify my ILR application, I was planning to show payslips from permenant job. Will there be any issue of not showing full 12months earnings? I am of the opinion that as long as earning requirements are met, it will be alright to show any period less tha or equal to 12 months from the last 15months

3. I am not keeping any maintenance funds in my account. believe it is not a requirement.

I am anxious and worried whether any of the above would threaten my application.

Thanks
Srinivas

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:02 pm

itsprithvi wrote:1) It is not at all a problem whether you are employed or not at the time of application.

2) You are correct with regards to earnings and points calimed. However, they would see whether you have been economically active recently upto last three months. So you need to present last three month bank statement.

3) Yes, maintenance fund is not required.

Since you were employed (with contract) till last month i.e, august, I assume you would have withdrawn salary for august. Your personal bank statement will show active incomes. CW should be happy as it proves you have been economically active in the recent three months.

If I were in your position, I will withdraw a salary from the ltd company for Sep month aswell on Sep 30th. So I wouldn’t consider myself as unemployed.

This is just my personal perspective. Good luck with your appointment and do let us know how did it go.
Hi itsprithvi,

in the above post you said
"You are correct with regards to earnings and points calimed. However, they would see whether you have been economically active recently upto last three months. So you need to present last three month bank statement. "

you said "they would see whether you have been economically active recently upto last three months" Is this requirement in the guidance note or on the application form?
or they told you this in the PEO office while processing your application?

I think they work it out through points. what if I have fullfill my earning requirements in first 3 months of my 15 months before application will I not be granted ILR?

Can you please send any reference where your read that from?

Thanks in advance
rahol