ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline Child Registration MN1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stewart
Newly Registered

Timeline Child Registration MN1

Post by Stewart » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:48 pm

There is a time line thread for Adult Naturalization but does anyone have any anecdotal information on how long it took individual cases of child registration other than the "3.2 months" posted on the IND Website.

I am interested in time frames for stand alone applications on form MN1, if you used NCS, if submitted under s 3(1) or s 3(2) or 3(5), if child was under 10 not needing "good character submission" and how long the child was in the UK if applying under s 3 (1) under the discretionary provisions.

My personal curiosity is that I am debating if I should submit applications for my own children under s 3(1) shortly after arrival in the UK. They are not eligible for any other provision in law as my wife and I are British under s 4(c) which came into law after the children were born. They are also under 13 and the online guidance (chapter 9) at the IND website indicates there is no residence requirement. The "benefit" is that if I submit an application within six months of being settled, it will be before my oldest turns 10 which eliminates the good character requirement, though that would not be a problem. I am just trying to keep everything "simple and easy."

I am also curious on the time frames as the adult thread has many of the "easy" cases getting approved in a few weeks instead of four months.

My children would meet each and every criteria that is listed in chapter 9 but since it is discretionary they could still turn it down and we would have to resubmit later paying another £400.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Timeline Child Registration MN1

Post by JAJ » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:51 am

Stewart wrote:My children would meet each and every criteria that is listed in chapter 9 but since it is discretionary they could still turn it down
They cannot refuse the application on a whim. The policy guidelines as laid down must be applied fairly and reasonably. It is however your job to ensure there is no scope for ambiguity in whether they meet the criteria or not.

Same goes for naturalisation (also technically "discretionary").