ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT ILR application steps

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swar80
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT ILR application steps

Post by swar80 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:05 am

Hi All,
Just wanted to share my experience related to obtaining my ILR visa thru PEO route. This forum had helped me a lot and hence sharing my experience.

I was on Tier 2 ICT visa [old rules] and had completed my 5 years stay.
My family was not eligible for ILR [thats what i had been told] and hence was applying alone.

[b]Important Points
[/b]Get your appointment booked promptly 28 days before your ICT visa ends.
Appointments can be booked 70 days in advance before the visa ends.
Remember to call the Home office for paying the initial appointment fee within 24 hours of booking the appointment.
Get all your documents ready well in advance.

[b]Documents[/b]
[list]
Form Set(O) for applying ILR with 2 photos.
Letter from the employer mentioning your salary, date of joining and that you will be required to work with them in UK for the future.
Letter from employer for any paid annual leaves you have taken in the 5 years preceding the application.
12 months bank statements [they will require the latest better to keep a years one]
12 months salary slips.
5 years P 60 certificates.
Life in UK Test certificate.
Passports & BRP.
Tenancy Agreement
Utility Bills
Previous UKBA & HMRC documents [better to have them with you]
NHS documents [not absolutely necessary]
Marriage certificate [if married, not absolutely required]
[/list]

[b]My experience
[/b]
I had booked the appointment at Cardiff PEO at around 11:30am. Reached Cardiff Queen Street early and walked down to the PEO[5-7 min walk from Cardiff Queen Street stn.]

Checked in at 10:40am and was asked to sit and wait for my turn.
Within minutes my number was called and was asked to submit documents and to pay the fee.

Staff was very friendly and the PEO has a relaxed ambience.

Post that was asked to sit and wait for my bio metrics. My number was called in about 30 mins.
Post bio metric was told that a decision would be made in roughly 2 hrs time and that I would be called on my phone for informing me to collect the processed documents.

Went out of the PEO and roamed around Cardiff...
In around 2 hours time was asked to come back to PEO for collecting the documents and the decision.

Went back to the PEO collected the document and was informed that my application was accepted and i was granted ILR.

Biometric would be coming in a weeks time.

In all a very cool experience.

Most important is your letter from the employers, salary slips, bank statements, 5 years P60 and Life in UK Test Certificate once you have them it should not be a problem.

Make sure your leaves don't exceed the limits in a year and if it does then you may need to justify them.
Get all your in out dates correctly mentioned in the letter from the employer.

Hope this helps
S
[/b][/list]

srwalke
Newly Registered

Thanks!

Post by srwalke » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:06 am

I will be applying for PR next month. I have all the documents except utility bills as its all take care by my landlord. Will that be a problem? Thanks in advance.

Shotgun
Newly Registered

Post by Shotgun » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:45 am

The form Set (O) for ICT Tier 2 never asked for P60, and never asked for a 12 months bank statement / payslips. What is actually necessary? i know its better to have them prepared but getting a 12 months bank statement is not particularly easy.

Also, I have booked for an appointment which will be two days before my visa expires. This I assume should not be a problem?

swar80
Newly Registered

Post by swar80 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:12 am

Hi
@ Shotgun: 12 months bank statement should not be a problem to obtain I got mine from my bank within 3 working days.
It's not a must have, but better to have. Same for the payslips

@srwalke: You should have some proof of residence with you and utility bills are the best source in your case try to take ur agreement copy and a letter from your landlord if possible.

All the best guys

swar80
Newly Registered

Post by swar80 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:13 am

Hi
@ Shotgun: 12 months bank statement should not be a problem to obtain I got mine from my bank within 3 working days.
It's not a must have, but better to have. Same for the payslips

@srwalke: You should have some proof of residence with you and utility bills are the best source in your case try to take ur agreement copy and a letter from your landlord if possible.

All the best guys

srwalke
Newly Registered

Post by srwalke » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 pm

@ swar80 Thanks for reply.
I searched all previous documents. I have everything except cohabitation documents. My wife joined me in Jan 2010. Since then she is living with me. We together go for annual leave once in a year.
1. I have joint documents of council tax for period of Aug 2010 to Aug 2011
2. One or two BT letters in her name @ Aug 2011
3. Later we moved into property where landlord takes care of ALL council + utility bills. I have private tenancy agreement from Aug2011 with the landlord in our joint names.
4. We have bank statements for continuous 2 yrs period from Aug 2011 with her name. We don't have joint account.
5. NHS letters (1 or 2) from Aug 2011 to Dec 2012
6. POLL cards May 2012 if it helps
7. We got extension for current leave from inside UK in OCT 2012. Some correspondence from UKBA available for that period.

I am really worried as I can't show other proof than bank statements and tenancy agreement done in Aug 2011 for cohabitation.

Will this much proof sufficient for cohabitation? Please HELP!

swar80
Newly Registered

Post by swar80 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:32 pm

@srwalke : I think those should be enough. Also just take what ever documents u have it should not happen that u have some docs at home but not with u during appointment.
Take the latest bank statements which will have both your names.
Take ur recent agreement copy.
Nhs letters, Ukba docs, poll letters
and obviously u will be taking a company letter so shld not be a problem.

Wish you all the best.
Again as you know this is just a informal advice based on our expr and every case is different.

srwalke
Newly Registered

Post by srwalke » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks very much for advice.