ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) or TIER 1 Dependant?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mduho

FLR(M) or TIER 1 Dependant?

Post by mduho » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:14 am

Hello friends,

I am settled(ILR) here after having a Tier 1 for 5 years.
My wife who is currently on a working holiday visa of 2 years is planning to apply for FLR M as my spouse.

BUT now after I thought it was all going to go so smoothly, I have noticed this from the ukba website! (Isn't it always the way)

[b]You cannot apply for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain in a partner category if your last leave was as the partner of a former points-based system migrant who:

is settled in the UK and was granted settlement as a points-based system migrant; or
has British citizenship having been granted settlement as a points-based system migrant.[/b]

This makes me nervous and I am very confused... does this apply to us?
Doe we do the FLRM or apply as a dependant under the relevant category of points-based system (Teir 1).

Help me Immigration beards...you're my only hope!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:41 am

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.