ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 processing time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EEA2
Newly Registered

EEA1 processing time

Post by EEA2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anybody knows how long does it normally takes to receive EEA1? On UKBA website it says immediately residence certificate must be issued. And it said completely the same about COA. We have received COA after about 2 weeks since they have our documents,but not EEA1 yet. My wife (EU)wants to travel in October ,do you think we need to apply for passport return for her or just wait for EEA1.
Please suggest:)

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Applying EEA1 is totally optional for EEA national which in theory must be issued immediately and in guideline 20 days have been described for its issuance. Anytime after submitting the application the passport can be requested back.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Imshzd

Re: EEA1 processing time

Post by Imshzd » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:56 pm

EEA2 wrote:Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anybody knows how long does it normally takes to receive EEA1? On UKBA website it says immediately residence certificate must be issued. And it said completely the same about COA. We have received COA after about 2 weeks since they have our documents,but not EEA1 yet. My wife (EU)wants to travel in October ,do you think we need to apply for passport return for her or just wait for EEA1.
Please suggest:)

Normally it takes 8 to 12 weeks.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:58 pm

4.3 Time Scale for consideration
Regulation 16 of the 2006 Regulations requires that a Registration Certificate be
issued to a „qualified person‟, i.e. an EEA national who is exercising a Treaty right,
immediately upon application.
Applications considered by European casework
We aim to deal with postal applications within 20 days.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EEA2
Newly Registered

Post by EEA2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Thank you guys for a prompt replies.
Best wishes and good luck everyone waiting for decision ;)