ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife was called for an interview - is this normal?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

My wife was called for an interview - is this normal?

Post by ZD » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi all. My wife applied for her Spouse visa via Gerrys in Karachi, Pakistan last Thursday. Today she receives a call confirming an interview date and time. I have two questions;

1) Is it normal for the Visa dept to call an applicant and confirm an interview date?
2) Are any requirements mentioned in an interview letter?

On a side note, the response time is amazing; it hasn’t even been a week – is this a good sign in anyway what so ever? :)

Thanks!

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:02 pm

Not sure but that response time is really quick!

Where is the interview in ISLAMABAD?

ZD

Post by ZD » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi Roninxxx, the interview is in Karachi. From my understanding the interview process will also include a process to obtain biometric data. From what I have read interviews are generally confirmed via post but according to the phone call the visa dept wanted to confirm the address and interview slot before sending an interview letter.

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:20 pm

Cool, that is really quick and efficient of them, I wish ISB BHC is as quick - keep us posted and good luck.

ZD

Post by ZD » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:34 pm

Many thanks Ronin, but is a call for an interview a good sign? Meaning if they wanted to reject the application based on the documents they received they would have done so?

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi,

Well I can only tell you what I think, and that is they have gone through the application and feel there is a need to speak to your wife, am sure they just want to confirm things and once confirmed they will most probably issue her with the visa.

Don't worry :)

ZD

Post by ZD » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:38 pm

Thanks again Ronin. She was expecting to be interviewed anyway given that she has visited the UK on a Visiting Visa only to be refused entry once [She was pregnant and was asked to return using a medical Visa]
Many thanks again, will keep this thread updated....

ZD

Post by ZD » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:18 am

Hi all!

My wife had her interview today and all was ok. Standard questions were asked - how long have you known your husband, where does he work, who lives with him, how long have you been married, when was the last time she met my husband. In the end she was asked whether there was anything on the form which may not be correct and my wfie told them of the error in a date in reference to my old marriage [substantiated by a decree absolute]

The interview lasted about 10 minutes and in the end she was told that she will be informed via fedex [in a week] whether her application was succesful or not.

My undertanding was that the ECO informs applicants of their decision after the interview or is this not the case?

Will keep this thread updated.

Thanks!

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:30 pm

I thought they informed applicants right after the interview too but perhaps it depends on the ECO and/or the BHC and also depends on the points that they needed clarifying.

Good luck:)

ZD

Post by ZD » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:28 am

Hi, do the ECO also tell the applicant if their application is rejcted after an interview?

Thanks.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:08 pm

I only know of one person who got rejected after interview and yes, they were told at the time although they got the official refusal notice in the post at a later date.

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:41 pm

Brit Chick how many people do you know who have been interviewed.....